Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Friday

It snows every Friday. It's a really pretty snow out there right now. It's covering the old snow up. It's sitting on the tree limbs. Coming down all steady. It's Friday.

Last Friday it was ice. Allot of ice. Quite a few trees were broke here, including two on the edge of my yard. One of which came down on the power line. That got fixed.

For the life of me, I can't see why people believe that they must add difficulties to any given tasks. They must add some drama...A simple snide comment, or, unattainable standard...As if under normal circumstances is not enough. Oh, for the life of me...I do see why...They are not results oriented. Either for their own ego to be stroked in dysfunctional glory or the illusion that all is unattainable and they do not deserve reward. You reap what you sew...Sew your own fields.

The Appalachianist

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, there are so many reasons to do it . . . put down others . . . let me count the ways . . . most of the things people do are reflections of their own lack of control or relative insignificance . . . once a long time ago I got out of my car in a snow storm to clear a blocked intersection . . . basically so I could get through the intersection and finish my own work . . . people had been sitting there in their cars looking at one another for almost fifteen minutes and who was I to think I could clear the intersection or who did I think I was . . . I have often thought those idiots (excuse me) who would have been just as glad to sit in that intersection until the snow melted. I think of that situation from time to time and espcially when I see George C. Scott as Patton unjaming those tanks . . . a general . . . Patton actually did that . . . my father-in-law followed that bastard (Grady would never have put it that way.) across the north of Africa, Scicily, and into Italy at Anzio, but by that time Patton was gone. I sent you another Christmas card and it came back again. I will try again. I know they know you. I have an old high school friend who lives in Great Falls, South Carolina, and if I don't address it just right . . . and everyone in the town knows everyone else and where they live and are related to them . . . so much for progress. The get together was put off until next weekend. I will post again. Please come. Bill

2:14 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

Wow. What made you write that last paragraph?

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home