Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's a Psychoblogger Freak Out!!!

I mentioned some new pups. There's two of them. A male and female. The male is bigger and bolder than the female. I was perplexed as to what to call him. I've settled on Horton. I named him after the Reverend Horton Heat. I almost named him Iggy after Iggy Pop, so being because I saw him strolling across the yard one day and I thought of the line from Search and Destroy "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm". But, the more I watched him, the more I thought it didn't fit. He isn't really a Punk Rock Dog. He's more Rockabilly, he reminds me of The Reverend Horton Heat. He's a little blocky and stout, wide mouthed too. He's more smooth and rolling with licks, not the crashing almost too filled with energy crudeness of Punk Rock. He's more stand up bass, less growl.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Heathens alike, the Reverend Horton Heat!


Now the little female pup I call Star, so named after one of the Cur Pups I lost. Which, was named after The Cult's Star for which I had playing on CD when I got her.
So, without undue applause, The Cult!


Star is about a third smaller. When I got them I reached for another of the litter, but it walked behind the rest and I couldn't reach it, Star though wiggled up to the front and I picked her up. She was the runt, sucking left hind tit. She's sweet, reserved, but friendly, and programmed. Yes, programmed.
See, Horton is hungry pup and flat out greedy. He wants what ever someone else has. I feed them separately and he spy's her food and runs to it. Star then mosies over to his abandoned bowl, until he spy's her eating from it and they trade places again. I observed he was getting the better of it, so, I put her up on one of the houses. She would stand in the door to the outbuilding where I pan up the food waiting for me to pick her up. That was CoCo's house, which when I started that I had locked up while she was in heat. Which, reminds me of The Reverend Horton Heat again...
So, after CoCo got out of Cur Dog Gulag, I started feeding Star about 15 feet away, I'd look behind me and there she would be, waiting in the door way for me to come and get her. That worked fine for a bit but, Horton began to spy her...Now, I just feed her in the building.

They wrestle in the yard, wonder around, follow Bosco...You know Bosco...I sneaked a picture of her! Yep, that's the fickle thing right there!
But, they are healthy and happy. Unique too.

Snow and Sleet and other things that's neat...
The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Once again, I have rendered my audience speechless...

6:12 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

You should've named them Captain and Tennille. :-)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You must be jamming to "Muskrat Love" again.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am speechless . . . I have to re-read this so I can make the appropriate catty remark and upset the normalcy of this . . . have you been watching the Dog Whisper again . . . everything seems to be too calm . . . the dogs sound great really! You will get an email from Randy. Please attend. Bill

2:56 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, right now, it's all weather dependent. If it's raining, I'll be there, if not, well, I'll be cleaning up timber broke in the storm this weekend.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Used to like Horton Heat, but now he's just meh. Guess I'm getting old. Back when I was listening to Jason & The Scorchers. And Georgia Satellites. Then they all just sorta started to sound alike. Hence, meh.

Is it only me, or does Bosco look just a tad demonic in that picture.I mean no disrespect here, but damn!

R'Ed

9:34 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, Ed, she's a real devil. Terrified of the camera.

I was about to post some Jason nad The Scorchers. Really. Great show if you ever see them.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home