Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Last Thanksgiving of the Decade

Being, your Blog Host, I'm obligated to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. So, Happy Thanksgiving. Allot of Turkeys sacrificed their lives for this.

Now, here is your obligatory lecture: Complaining is not giving thanks, so shut up. If the Turkey is dry..."Honey, it's great"...She put that special ingredient in it, heat. You can't cook Turkey with out heat. It gets dry, get over it. So, you're going to watch a ball game after you eat? It doesn't matter if your team loses, because you're going to fall asleep anyway. Dry Turkey does that to you. Wet Turkey will do it. Cranberries are good for you, so eat some of them. And, be grateful about it. Some guy in Wisconsin waded around in a bog for them. It gets cold up there and he did it for the all mighty dollar...Which ain't worth a whole lot right now. But, don't go complaining about the economy. Don't complain about politicians either...so, here goes the list...Your teacher, the cop that wrote you a ticket for doing 95 in a 55, your ex husband/wife, boy friend/ girl friend, Hollywood or Bollywood, Oprah Winfrey, Willie Nelson, the weather, Windows Vista, bureaucrats, work, not working, your family, your friends, your enemies, your enemy's enemies, Facebook, yourself, and don't you dare complain about God.

Well, that ought to cover it. If I missed something, complain after Thanksgiving. Don't let anything or anybody ruin your day.

The Appalachianist

6 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Are we still chastised even if we did not have plans complain? If so, I now have a complaint. If not, carry on smartly.

Working tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day) but will get off early and plan to drive completely around Lake Tahoe. Am told it's a couple hours drive. I will be home... well, back in Reno....by the time Survivor comes on. Russell is a killer good weasely type.

8:37 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Thanks for the reminder, I'll try to be on my best behavior, but since I'm cooking the turkey, I ain't complaining about it!

Ramblin' Ed, the drive around Lake Tahoe is one of my favorites--if I remember correctly, it's about 80 miles, but allow most of the day and take plenty of stops. The Nevada side is the best as there are many undeveloped miles--if there's enough snow, an ex-country ski to Marlette Lake is a treat. In the late 80s, I lived in Virginia City

8:46 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Nope, you'll, no complaining. No complaining about not having plans, some plans are the...Wait, I got a Cracker quote! "I was glad to go along, cause the best laid plans are always wrong, they fall apart, they always end in misery".

I ain't ever been to Tahoe. Don't know if I'll ever go...Now, that is a song in the works.

It's windy as all get out here. They're calling for snow over 3500 feet and up to 50 MPH gusts of wind. The tree tops are out there twisting around right now. I went Deer Hunting this morning. All I saw was two teen age boys and a squirrel.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now I sure am glad I waited for the end of a long day to read "the list." I didn't think to complain about Willie Nelson . . . I missed that one. It has been a good day. My four month old granddaughter smiled at me. She made me feel special, so it was a good day. Do you think the snow will hit Brevard? I thought about riding to Hendersonville just to see the snow. Take care Ap. . . . it was a good day and a good message. Bill

8:50 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

No, Bill, there wasn't any snow to speak of. I didn't see none on the Balsams. It's been windy on the ridges though.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled the weather report and saw your reply as to the snow on line. It may not have snowed, but it became noticeably colder over the last few days in Columbia. I wanted to ask you if you got the card allbeit late by eleven months? Yes, I try to be thankful, and God bless us everyone. Bill

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home