Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

1" Snow, Two Puppies and Party Puppets

I've got an inch of snow in the yard. Not all of the last one is gone. There's puppy tracks in the yard, laid there by two little brindle pups wondering aroundin the night.

Tonight's the night, tomorrow is the new beginning. Poor Baby New Year, he goes on over the months and nobody loves him. NPR this morning is talking about the "Decade of Scandal". No one is making a big deal of it, the New Year that is. No one seems excited. It's like everyone is going through the motions. Party Puppets laughing and smiling on cue.

Maybe folks will perk up soon.

Happy New Years!
The Appalachainist

10 Comments:

Blogger opit said...

My daughter has her own mixed blessing. She was born on the last day of the year : a tax deduction when we were young and really needed it. She says it's always party time on her birthday!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

By the title I was thinking maybe it was some crazy party that you threw. ;-)

Are you ho-hum about the new year too?

2:50 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

No, I'm not ho hum at all, Murf. And, while it wasn't a crazy party I threw, it's a good idea for one. The puppies would like it.

Opit, glad to see you. Yeah, your Capricorn Daughter lucked out, someone will always be throwing a party on her birthday. I know your a Canadian, I know your taxes must be rather...Allot like ours. That's one reason I support having a simple National Sales Tax, and keep the damn government out of how many kids we have and interest paid on a house and all.

And, yes, it will be the Damn Government until we get some Libertarians in both the House and Senate.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

ooops, Opit, your Daughter is an Aquarius, I believe.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I think you were right the first time - Capricorn.

6:34 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I suspect most people are just happy that the last year ended and are hoping the next one gets. better.

As for me, last year wasn't that bad. but New Years has never been a big deal to me.

Have fun with the dogs and enjoy some football.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But did you get my Christmas card . . . the second one and oh, Happy New Year! Sounds like a Huddle House morning with a lot of coffee . . . have a good year. Bill

8:34 PM  
Blogger pipsqeak said...

App,

I'm fightin' my thesis to be able to graduate in May, so I've been keeping my head down in an attempt to be productive.

Here's to a better year and better school funding! : )

I spent a good night with some friends for New Years and reconnected with people I haven't talk to in years. It was probably the most festive New Years I've been to.

Hope you are keeping warm, send a little snow down this way if you can.

Happy New Year!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, I was right the first time, 22 Dec to 19 Jan...But, Opit got the tax deduction!

Pippy! We thought you had been kidnapped by a tribe of man eating monkeys...Don't let the thesis get the best of you...Get it in a full nelson and bang it's head on the floor...Then get up and kick it where the sun don't shine...

ExMI, I think allot are relieved. But, I don't see much optimism. I look forward to a better year. Not that it was too shabby.

Bill, no Christmas card. Now, it could be buried in junk mail, but, I didn't see it. Don't fret over it too much, I did get a ton of junk mail.

It's cold people.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Cory Shelton said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog thanks for sharing.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home