Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Eruption

This weekend was my last drill before my Activation. Simply, we're splitting up. This is not a Unit Activtion, the Unit is just loaning us out. Some of the Unit will be left behind. Stiil, the majority of us are going to Iraq...And the ones being left here stand a possibility of being called up as well.

The Battalion Commander got teary eyed on us at the final formation. His Command is being fractured and sent out. Unfortunatly, some of us may not return. No one likes to think about it, but, it's true. So, our being farmed out to the needs of CENTCOM is like an eruption to me. Some of us MOB(pronounced "mobe") now, some later. The Unit will be a skeleton of cadre. Our seargent major left to a new assignment too. I can understand the LTC's emotion.

I'm trying to mantain positivness though. Yeah, it's scary. I don't like going away, but, I have a job to do. We just have a job to do and we're going to give it our best.

You Never know
I heard of a boy getting killed in a car wreck here Friday night. He was a young feller, nice enough. he served during the Reguvinator's(formerly known as Jello Boy) Wedding Reception. I remember him saying he was from down around Augusta Ga. He came here for the College. he was trying to beat his Girl Freind to her place in order to suprize her for her Birthday. I think they said he flipped a Jeep. Apparently, he was fine, responding well, then killed over dead. I was told a collasped lung. Some things just ain't worth hurrying for. I didn't know him other than that time at the reception. He was a nice guy that day. God Rest His Soul. You never know when it's going to happen, so you better live today.

A Happy Boy
Twister has made freinds with a boy that has a .50 Cal Rifle. he get's to shoot it. He's tickled.

More later
Appalachian Intellectual

9 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I started calling him that because with his grin and his beard he looks like one of the guy';s on the Just For Men commercials. Really, I'm not kidding. Just watch the things, that's him.
Now about one of the Weasel Girls...Well, they are only human too.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

And just what nickname does Reguvenator (Jello Boy) and Twister have for you, A.I.?

8:57 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Everyone calls Twister, Twister. EVERYONE. I don't thnk they have a name for me. They don't know each other.

5:49 AM  
Blogger sage said...

You take care of yourself over there AI! Sorry to hear about the death close to home...

9:54 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

That's true, Murf, but, I won't (I hate to use the term) kill myself over a Woman. No matter what her backside looks like.

I'll do it Sage, and thanks. It's not good to see such a nice fellar, especialy young get killed in such a way. I heard that it really upset the folks he worked with.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Annalis said...

Hi, hope you're doing well. Sorry to hear about the death of that young man.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I'm doing about as good as the circumstances allows me, Annalis. Now, it's alright about the boy, I only met him that one time. But, thanks none the less.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

.50 Cal - Was it bolt action or semi? I've never shot one, always thought I'd like to though.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I beleive it was a blot. Don't know much more. he loved it though.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home