Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Twisters Tale

Twister wrote me the story of the past weeks kill. Here he is.

I lead the 2 pups of Scott's, Gloria, and the terrier toward Jethro and the young pup of Bobby's who had the hog bayed...I could hear it as I got close. the dogs with me could too and they gradually made their way to the 2 bay dogs. I waited for Bobby and the others to get through the thicket (I found the easy way) but I was right below the action. 2 minutes later they appeared on top of the spur to my right 60 yards off. At that moment the dogs started pressuring and one of Scott's dogs let out a yelp and came whimpering down the mountain past me. Bobby and the rest got level with the hog and they shot it with a .22 LR in the shoulder ( I couldn't get a clear shot with my pistol where I was from) It then came off the rocks draggin dogs. I ran up on the other side of the hog but realised I was on the other side of the line of fire so I quickly got above and covered the boy for his final shot in the head. It was 250 lbs. boar with 1" tusks. Started draggin at 2pm and made it to the road by 3pm. Jethro got holed under the right ear. Patch got a little cut on the upper right front leg. I stapled Rosco's shoulder with 6 staples...he will be alright. He disappeared for a while (he was in the branch soakin his shoulder it looked like but he showed up when we got to the branch with the hog and among us that was draggin like he was helpin too. It was a blonde and black mottled hog...a lot of feral in it.

All those Dog's he mentioned are fine Dog's. Roscoe is young, but, he shows lots of promise. We figured that would entertain you'l. Hill Billy Adrenline Junkies share the excitement.

Got me a hit counter. I've wanted one for a while, just havn't made it a priority. It's pretty neat. I've gotten hits from the UK, Singapore and Italy. I like Itallian Women. Well, lot's of you'l sprinkled out over the USA. I wonder if I'll see how often Al Qauda reads me? Some came from word searches, looking for Steven's Shotguns in Vietnam, something called Appalachian Pliers and get this...Jello Dog! The ol' shaggy thing is famous! Oh Yeah, Hydra Shocks too. My Favorite round for the .45 ACP.

Speaking of Jello, I think I have him a new nick name. He really got a kick out of Jello Boy...I wanna call him the Reguvinator, because with his beard and grin he looks like he belongs on a Just For Men commercial. He thought that was funny too.

Any how, I'm working on a post in draft. I'm not sure how I'll organise it. Tough being you own editor.

So Hit Me...Go On I dare ya!
Applachian Intellectual

9 Comments:

Blogger Annalis said...

Consider yourself hit!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd think the boots would be changing at various times....yeah, I've been in and out of the blog...

Just stopping by to see what's going on - on your side of the planet. ( :

5:59 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Jethro ain't a bad dog. Glory is a Black n Tan, and Roscoe looks like one but he has Pitt Bull and Plott Hound in him too. Act's more like a Plott.

About the Boots, Murf, coming from anyone else that would disturb me.
Janie, I've been thinking on a new picture. Everyone talks about the boots. That's a $600 Pistol sitting on them.

9:08 PM  
Blogger sage said...

yeah, those hit counters are neat--I finally put one on a month or so ago--and it's interesting what searches pop up. Today I got a bunch of hits for "Honduran food."

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be more than happy to "view" and give you an opinion.

I bet Murf would too!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Sage, the most of my hits are Gun related. Mostly DuraCoat. One for Appalachian People. Heck, you'l can veiw them.

Janie, I appreciate the efforts. I'll probably figure it out on my own though. Maybe a pair of muddy boots. Just kidding.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He might Murf... if he takes my suggestion.

Sent you an email, A.I.

I swear the blog knows I'm up to something...word verification:
oinqzps

11:44 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I'd be better off with the Bear Print.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*giggle*

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home