Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

News Commentary

My fellow Romans...
The United Arab Emerates are going to cover our back. Or are they? The whole thing is enough to make one nervous. The debate doesn't rage over the Port Deal, it's an outcry against it. Congress say's they are not going to allow it, and the President say's he will Veto the opposition. It's healthy that we are arguing over the deal. Unfortunatly much of Congress is just trying to cover their ass with their constituants. That is their selfish nature. If John Kerry was President, Hillary Clinton would be telling us it's the greatest thing since sliced bread...Or dead Branch Davidians. Maybe even sharing Missle Technology with the Chinese? Who knows. Either way, going for the deal will make for an up hill battle come November. Is it bigotry? No, Americans simply don't trust orginazations of the region. For good reason. We did not go through a Missle strike to kill Osama bin Laden because a Prince from the UAE was Hunting with him. 9/11 Hijackers from the UAE, refusing to acknowledge Israel as a Nation(Isn't our support of Israel what this is all about?) The list goes on...Neil Bortz made a good one. However, we are intelligent enough to know that not all Arabs are suicide bombers.
President Bush may be trying to play Moral Conflict in this, I'm sorry to say in my eyes it's futal. It doesn't bother me as much that a compnay from an Arab Nation may get the contract as much as it is that we've come to that. How many of you knew that we contracted Port Security out to foriegn company's? We are a crumbling empire.

Marriage Contracts
People can be so hoaky about Marriage. They cover it with blandishment making it into bed of Roses that will make life so complete. Anyone with a succesful Marriage will tell you otherwise. Sometimes it's nothing more than a psuedo affectionate slavery covered with blandishmnet...and you get the rest of the sentence. Sometimes it's very suttle, I think we call that codependancy. I just don't get those that sign a contract before Marriage...It's like you don't trust someone. Why get Married then? Folks, I'm not here to preach, I'm 37 and alone, but, then, I'm not living a life of suttle slavery either. I heard about this fellar on the radio this morning that took it a bit to the extreme. He wanted his Wife to sign a contract as to what he expected of her. I warn you it can be a little graphically discriptive. Well, let's all hope the Lady can move on with her life and have a non slavery like, non hoaky, succesful Marriage. Most likley she won't though. The poor Girl all she would get is "Good Behavior Day's", nothng in return. Not even a "I'll help you around the house more".

Someone told me I used too many capitals. I said that I type in Old English, besides, by using capitals for certain things I give them more prestige. Why am I telling you this? Becuase you were wondering too.

Don't Tread On Me Time...
Appalachian Intellectual

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sicko (man) jerk is DISCUSTING!! *gag* Wouldn't the wife know this behavior before though? *gag* Do you really want to know what I think about this??

You are better off by yourself than in a marriage that is stagnant and empty.

As to the port situation, Tom Ridge was saying that Americans would be very surprised to find how many foreign companies are part of our ports.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Your right Janie, I don't thgink I would have Married the fellar if he showed me that contract. I don't won't to kick the Girl while she's down and say something about her intelligence.

Stagnant and emprty does drain you.

Exactly. Home Land Security is a farce.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

True Murf, the world is full of stupid people. I don't think Women are stpid, sometimes I think they poorly orienet. Now for blowig up in the Presidents face...I don't look at things that way. I get so peeved at people harking on our current President when the last one did the same things. It's a sad evelution.
Honestly, I feel I should learn more about what services are being contracted before I say too much. But, no matter what it appears it's an open and shut case at this point. However, many Americans will start to take a closer look at certain issues.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home