Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006


This Bobcat snuck up behind me at a place called Cedar Rock Mountain. He was about 6 or 7 feet away from me before I realised that he was there. To make a long story short, he weighed about 35 pounds. That's the Rifle I took him with, a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight with a Lamenated Stock in .308(Hand loaded Seirra 168gr BTHP) It's camo'ed up in Deer Hunting Mode.  Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhmmmm....
Let me get this straight...


YOU put rags on your rifle?? That is what is looks like to me.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yep, torn up old T-Shirts, Army wool socks and even some old Army Boxers.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

No Murf, there is no problem. It stay's in the Den. You really do like razzing me don't you?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yes, Murf, the second option is rather corny.
Olympic Sport?

6:32 PM  
Blogger Annalis said...

Pretty cool. I don't have much to add. My only question was were was this in your house and Murf already went down that road. And I must say I'm glad it's not in the bedroom...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Annalis, I stuck it in front of my wood stack wich is in the De, otherwise it stay's on the other side of my Den. I admitt, it was cluttered behind it, so I moved it.
Murf, the only wild critter in my bedroom of recent has been Pxy, she's grey and white, likes to lay on the pillow next to my head and purr. I'm agrevated with her, so far shre has failed to catch the mouse.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Anywhere but the bed...mostly outside latley.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home