Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, February 12, 2006


.410 Shotgun after the stock was refinished and barrell Duracoated. The stock was sanded down and Polyurathaned. The other parts visable are a 12 Gauge Shotgun that still needs some work done to the stock. Both the trigger gaurd and butt plate are Duracoated as well. We're kind of proud of it. A correction to my Black Fingers Post. It took two tablespoons, not teaspoons to cover the 12 Gauge. 1 1/2 covered the .410.Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

The Cult too.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Ohhhh, two TABLESPOONS you say. Well, no wonder I had trouble.

I have experienced both DBT and SoCal. I'll take the DBT.

yy (that's what I say, "Why, why?")waxsq. A mere 7 letters.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Bolt action, I like a bolt action shotgun, nice solid lockup feel to 'em.

I was eyeing a Mossberg 12 ga bolt a few years back but passed on it. Now, I don't think they even make one anymore, darnit.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Murf... it can't be his kitchen counter. There's no bear burgers or bear jerky or any other bear type food.

It's probably his bedroom or the guest bedroom because it has guns and music. But that's just an Ed-ucated guess

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha hee hee!
Kitchen counter!!

I'd like to rub my finger along that wood....on the shotgun.. ( ;

11:29 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Just what do you'l think this is? A playground for Heathens? Well, Ed, other Rockabilly Hill Billy Nerds, like Twister read this too(When he can) and Transplantavanians as well. They might just be mixing some Duracoat up now. OK...Maybe theyre not. Actually that was not SoCal, but NoCal. DBT is a far better choice. To bad I'm going to have to miss them later this month.
Murf, I kind of like Concrete Blonde. But where in tarnation did you get the Cure from? The Cult. Read THE CULT. Far more creative than the Cure.
Everyone...That's not my Kitchen Counter, it's the Jello Garage. It's tow small for either of the Jellomobiles. I actually have a nice Kitchen, it just needs a Wicked Weasel Model to come and clean it.
Janie...maybe we should mail you the next stock and let you sand it.
Lastly, Murf Duracoat doesn't require oil. The Gun will stil need it on the inside though.

Now, the only sane one of the bunch(Just teasing) App Gun Trashh. I like a bolt gun too. THat would be good on a Slug Gun. Strangley enough, I like all forms of Shotguns, but, I'm not partial to Over Unders. I've never shot one. Ted Nugent would call me a Heathen.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Yeah, one of the nephews has some kind of fancy Browning auto and I shot a half dozen or so magnum slugs (Federals, I think) thru it one time when visiting 'em and I just didn't feel right with it. Even if it was built for both regular or mag loads I just felt that was a lot of energy for an auto shotgun.

Where if it'd been a bolt gun I wouldn't thought a thing about magnum loads in it.

Incidentally, that was the only gun/load that ever bruised my shoulder. I didn't care for it, Browning or not.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Of course, I didn't tell him that as he was proud as a peacock for finally acquiring a Browning.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

My Dad has a Browning Gold and I've not had the opportunity to shoot the thing. It's a fine looking Gun though. A boy I Bear Hunted with this year used a Browning Gold with a Slug Barrell and Hologram Sight mounted o it. A good set up for Bear. If I had a Browning, I'd be as proud as a PeaCock too.

Murf, The Cure and The Cult are NOT the same. I suppose it is Valentines Day. Happy Valentines Day.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Annalis said...

What's with the California license plate in the back ground... :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Annalis, that's Jello Boy's. I think he keeps it as proof he's lived somewhere other than South Appalachia.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol extended release - tramadol much get high

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home