Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hello, My Fellow Mortals

I enjoyed Supper. Not Dinner, that's the Noon Meal. It was Supper. I took some Deer meat(off of the neck) marinated it in Allegra Game Tame(The best for wild meat!) over night, cutit up and brazed it in some Bear Oil. I took a cut up Onion threw some Butter in a pan and put the marinade on it. I fixed Chicken Helper, the Rice kind, with the Deer meat instead and the onions on it. Finish it of with some Yogurt. mmuhm Good!

Over the last year I've read a couple of books by H. John Poole, a retired Marine that writes on Tactical issues. Anyone who follows this Blog also knows that I read the Writings of Bill Lind. I have found that they, as well as some others, use The Christian Science Monitor to collect some of their information. The Monitor was smart enough to use the Late Steven Vincent. As for the snippets I've read, I'm impressed. They provide more insight than the average News Agency. Atleast so it seems. As you may know a long time Reporter of the Monitor has been kidnapped in Iraq. She's an attractive Woman and the Militants will capitalize on that. Such things happen in 4th Generation Warfare. I fear this one may have a bigger impact than intended.
I also have been introduced to ThreatsWatch , another place to collect information. Why am I telling you all of this? Well, maybe you want to know. I do reccomend the two.

Well, I need to order some Duracoat to refinish a Gun with. Stay tuned for more Appalachian Patria
Appalachian Intellectual

8 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

I check out the CSM every once in awhile, but wasn't aware of the Threats Watch. Good site, AI, thanks for the link.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The terriorists are demanding all Iraqi women in military custody to be released in order for Jill Carroll to be set free. A post at Antiwar.com had a news article that 6 of the 8 women have been released, but didn't see it anywhere on any of the CNN or Fox types of stations. That woman and her family are in my prayers.

Supper sure did sound fine by you. I haven't had alot of game animals to eat but I do like deer.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Hey, sure thing, Gunner.

Janie, I was, or should I say am aware of the demands. I didn't know of the supposed release.
Supper was good. Thank you.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it looks like a "supposed" release now from what news is reporting. Where I read it was at the icasualties.org and not antiwar.com.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Neck is not prime. It's not Tenderloin. But, it's fine.

Janie, I was unaware of icasualties.org. So, I learned something today besides Van Morrison sang the song Gloria. Gee Ell Oh Are AYE!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I beg to differ.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

You really are a nature guy....that is so cool. I myself don't know if I would like deer neck meat and bear oil.

Hope you are having a great weekend so far!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, it's not unhealthy. The Indians used it as a sort of lotion. As well as a conditioner in their hair. No Colesterol.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home