Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Darnedest Things

Darn#1
We had some crazy weather come across us yesterday. Last night Lightening took out my Mother's answering machine, my Cousin's pump on his well and some other deivice, I think a phone, and somewhere in between them it ran into a man's house burning a hole in his carpet. It's Winter time...Four day's past Christmas. Monday I left out early heading off to go Hog Hunt with Twister. It was blowing Snow for most of the way and there was some Black Ice close to my place. At the same exact place I found the Truck on it's side it was terriably slick. As I went down the Mountian I saw the lights of a new Mustang warming in someones Drive Way. Coming back across the Mountain, at said place, I saw a shiny new red Mustang with it's front in the air and it's tail end sitting right where I found the truck. Now, that was a red truck. High up on the Mountains there was ice and snow. Clouds hanging on the high Bald's of the Nantahala's. The roads below them, in theBurning Town Community, were Icy at times. It's not been below Feezing in a few day's, then Thunder Storms. This occurs, it's alway's a wonder though.

Darn#2
We didn't Hunt with Dog's. It was far too windy for them, so, we scouted a place instead. I had my .308 in case of a Hog or Bear, and Twister had a 12 Gauge he could take a variety of Game with. He shot a Squirell that just hung in the tree...Holding on to life as it was loosing hold of a limb. Finally it fell and I climbed up the bank and got it. The thing was just laying there on it's stomach, motionless...Not even a twitch of the eye. I grabbed it by the tail and still not a motion. I took it on down to Twister, nearly 15 yards away. He reached a hold of it as I looked away and the next thing I know he's throwing that Squirell onto the ground. The thing was still alive! It bit right threw his glove and if it hadn't been for that it would have taken him to the bone. Anyway, lot's of Hog Sign.

Darn#3
I've had competition for my time latley. Suddenly I'm back in favor of the Ladies. After I put a new Radiator in my Truck the Heater Core went out. It was blowing steam, fogging my windows. It was 12 Degree's(F) and I had no heat in the Truck. It was a 5 hour and 20 minute job...The Core was less than $25. Friday, the day I had much rather have been Hunting on, that I instead worked on my truck on, I found a message on my Machine from the night before. It was my Ex Girl Freinds Boy Freind drunk saying he'd kick my ass. I've never spoken a word to this boy...Sometime Christmas Day he left a message apolagising. Go figure...Darnedest Things.

Happy Daburn New Year
Appalachian Intellectual

11 Comments:

Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Never have shot a hog, never hope to shoot one, but i have had the heck scared out of me by a couple of them down along the Ogeechee river in Georgia. I had my share of "darns" over the holidays too.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I figure shoting a Hog is doing Botany a favor. Ogeechee, that's on down there. Thanks for coming by, Darn Things happen.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I've got the "kick your ass, beat you down and spit on you" phone calls. My case was a little different. It was from the boy who was doing my wife while living off of my paycheck while I was overseas. I could never figure out how spending my money, driving my car, boinking my wife and living in my house caused him to figure I needed a whupping on top of it all.

But of course, likeI'm sure your ex's boyfriend too, I could never get him to come around close enough to throttle him good when I was back in town on leave.

It's just as well. The coward also beat my wife. There's a longer, darker story involved, but obviously it don't belong here.

drjaueoh ... 8 letters. Oh, I see we're back to messing with me, huh?

7:44 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

That alcohol will sure make a person do some stoopid stuff. At least after sobering up he realized his stoopidity and called back to apologize. Still, that ain't no excuse for obnoxious behavior.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

As for my Ex's Bo..I'm not sure what that was over. I've not spoken to her in a couple of months. I wonder if my Ex's Ex got a call too?
Ed, sorry to hear that...But, if your like me every now and then you think of it when you need a laugh.
Gunner, your absolutley right. I noticed you spelled Stoopid correctly.
As long as there not the same passons Murf.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

You really have to be careful of that black ice! We get it too!
Happy New Year!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf...that's good. Before long I'll have you doing something else, like...like...well something before long.
Lee Ann, I know B'ham get's it. I have froze my butt off down there before. You'l got up into the 70's today thuogh.

Here's to a Zombie New Year!
Can you'l beleive 8 letters on my own blog?

2:13 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Yeah, 8 letters seems to be the norm with your blog. qagdaxxp just to tell you that.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Appalachian Patria..an Eight Letter Blog...

8:39 AM  
Blogger Harold/AQ said...

Best wishes to you and to all who love you for good health and great happiness throughout 2006.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks AQ!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home