Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Dabgum Thanksgiving

It's the time of year that we give thanks...and eat way too much. I remember once going to stay a couple of nights back off in the Mountains(I showed a picture of it once). It was Thanksgiving evening and I had a Ruck Sack full of stuff. I thought my guts were going to come out walking up that Mountain. What had ever possesed me to eat so muh, I knew it would hurt.
They just got through playing Liz Phair on the Radio. I'd be her Human Super Nova. I have to admire a woman like her, she's multi faceted. The first time I heard her, and it was Human Super Nova, I was on my way Deer Hunting one morning.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Appalachian Intellectual

13 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Back at you, AI! You have a good Thanksgiving also.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda like her music vid of "Every thing to me". Looks good wet. That Nova vid is very different.

Enjoy the Holiday!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I have her whitechocolatespaceegg CD. I like most of it. Some of it just escapes me. There is one song I particularly liked. although the only thing I can remember about it right now is that she was singing about a guy who made her toes curl and she had a line about his sock drawer. I have always admired that she could write a catch song that included a reference to a sock drawer. It's not that easy a thing to do.

Happy Thanksgiving, Hellbilly D.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Red Queen said...

Happy Thanksgiving AI- thanks for being a part of my world!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks you'l. I hope you had a good one too. I realy hope you did.

7:37 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving--I've had a few thanksgivings in the wild and really enjoyed them--would carry a tin of smoked oysters and an extra serving of scotch to make the evening meal more of a treat.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, it's OK if Liz does that, she's a woman. I'd rather she didn't, but, she's very sexy none the less.

Sage, I thought of you Friday night. Myself and my Old Ranger Buddy Twister were on Waya Bald up in the night by the Appalachian Trail with snow every where and a solid sheet of ice in the road ruts. I imagine the Hurricane was gone by the time you walked from Standing Indian to Waya(Waya is Wolf in Cherokee by the way). No, I didn't bust my butt, I busted my knee and thigh(Airborne Bro's it was darn close to a PLF).

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok- what does that mean? Are you really really hurt?

Gosh, sorry....

12:00 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

No Janie, I didn't get hurt, didn't even hirt my pride.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(giggle)
I then go along with Murf!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

How do I respond to that?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh Man!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make all kind of responses... "butt" since you asked...

Say thank you very much...the backside is just FINE. ( ;

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home