Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Comercialized, Sick and Concerned About Your Safety

I've gone commercial. I could use the extra cash and Google doesn't charge for the use of Blogger so it's fair. We both benefit. That's all that I will say about that.


I've got a strong immune system. I lived in a house where Strepp Throat was an annual thing sometimes a semi annual thing. Never got it or Mono that time. So staying at home sick makes me feel like Moss could grow on me. Since I Wanna Be Sedated, I put The Ramones on. Their first one, remastered. That way I get to hear "Let's Dance" twice. I got a call this morning wanting to know if I was Hunting Saturday. A little more rest and I think I will.

Years back I was a Drill Sgt. I did it in a two week shot. "Summer Camp" as civilians call it. There was always a mean cold or the flu even going around. Those "kids" would get on the phone and that's where the bug lived. I got it everytime. I remember several times being on the Range in the hot sun with a tempature of 105. It was done on little rest too. We were always short handed always a job to do. You just sucked it up and drove on.

How do you say Chaos in French?
In case you live under a rock, there is large scale riots by Muslim Youths happening nightly around Paris. We Americans have an uneasy friendship with the French. Many "Conservatives"* are probably laughing to themselves now. Any Liberal with the slightest bit of humility to look inside their self should be sweating. But, that's rare, IE, historians could argue the French are more Imperialistic than we are(for a comment on that see ExMI's Blog). Some time back I was concerned France would become a place of Chaos, for a moment I thought it would be Britain. I thought France for several reasons...1) a large Muslim Immigrant population, which the French Government admitted was one of their main reasons for opposing the War in Iraq, 2) a highly socialized system, 3) Great unemployment(easier to recruit in), 4) geographical location(Pretty much centered on everything in industrialized Western Europe). Al Quada is not a group of dumb individuals. They know this too, and can work it to their advantage. Is Al Quada behind this? It's possible.
I didn't envision large scale riots, as much as I did militant actions in general. What you are seeing is much like Intafada I and, Intifada II. Intifada I was a success. Intifada II was more violent and not nearly as successful.
Either way, it's called Fourth Generation Warfare. As to the outcome of this? Will we see The Foreign Legion sent in to stop the violence? It can come to that. Let's hope France stops it before it get's further out of control. It's a very volital situation for all of the EU. It's hard to Combat Chaos. The whole world smelled like buring tires the day John Henry died.

Anarchy In The USA**
In the late 1970's a Peurto Riccan Seperatist Group did a series of attacks killing Policemen, Unarmed Sailors being transported in a Bus as well as walking down the street. They also destroyed Air National Guard Planes, and fired an Anti Tank Rocket(LAW) into the FBI Office in San Juan. The Cell was caught and that put an end to their violence. The day may come when we see similar events happen here in Mainland USA by groups like MS-13 or the Jihadist even. So don't snear at France, take a good look at yourself America.

*A real Conservative knows we should take steps to avoid this instead of pounding on our chest and telling everyone it's alright.
** I prefer the Sex Pistol origianl(Anarchy in the UK) or Megadeths version.
So where are you going to get your 4GW lecture using doses of Punk and Southern Rock? Only right here on Appalachian Patria!

Appalachian Intellectual...getting healthier one minute at a time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Dr GunTrash's Cold Cure

Get your favorite coffee cup out and fill it with:

1 tablespoon of honey.
1 shot of lemon juice.
1 shot of whiskey.

Then fill it to the top with steaming hot water, stir it some, then sip at it until it's all gone.

----------

Ding! Next please.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

If it can't be solved by quoting the Ramones or DBT, then maybe it can't be solved at all.

-------------------------

Dang. Next

6:34 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks AGT, Actualy I did that the first night. It's been a strong one. I doubled the dosage. Maybe I took it to early, maybe the cold was too strong.

I hear you Ed.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Your'e doing good Murf

7:39 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

Thanks for the mention. Are you going to register your blog with the Army and keep it going while you are in Iraq?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

ExMI, as for the mention, sure thing. As for registering it when I go to Iraq, I plan on it. I'll have to see, manythngs can happen.

10:57 AM  
Blogger exMI said...

You say you are going comercial but I don't see any google ads. They don't pay off very fast. YOu have to have earned $100 before they send you money. So far I think I am at about $35. Good luck if you set them up. I'll click 'em for you.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home