Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Raving Twister

The text below was posted while I was away at Ft. McClellan during the August-September time frame. I didn't know of it until a phone conversation a couple of weeks ago. As I post I tend to not look below, what's been said is said, so to say. I've intended to post it in this fashion. So, here are the words of my Ranger Buddy and one aggressive Bear Hunter, Twister.

Disclaimer, this is the words and opinion of my close freind that at times closley resemble my own. Though, not entirely.

Let me tell you something about "carpetbaggers". They are running/ruining the country these parasites are! Some of them appear to be politicians and others appear to be CEOS/big businessmen and still others are in miscellaneous places of power. Wolves in sheeps' clothing. This has been going on since 1865. Now that I have addressed that let us move on to the appearance of the willful footdragging of FEMA during hurricane Katrina. They got a bad name for being a bunch of welchers in Franklin not paying off all the disaster bills they were supposed to*. Half-assed half-measures! The state had to take up their slack, in other words, out of NC taxpayers pockets! Folks up Peak's creek** banded together and hired a lawyer to sue the insurance companies tryin' to weasel out of paying their obligations to those who had their homes destroyed by a land-slide-not a %*&@#!#%^flood like they tried to lie and say! Why the hell should anybody need any kind of carpetbaggin' insurance company for anything when we pay the most taxes of anybody on earth and should have all the bases covered from natural/man-made disasters to health disasters? I tell you why-'cause it looks like we got us a "carpet-baggin'" federal government just full of half-assed excuses takin' folks for fools, the cons. The maximum effective range of an excuse when you are in a position of maximum power using the most cash revenues on earth at your disposal is ZERO, ZERO, ZERO!!! Looks like the whole nation's gonna have to pass the hat around, combine their money and sue Uncle Scam for:(A)Gross negligence (B)Willful sabotage of the real American way (C)Damages done to Americans through harmful policies (D)Lying (there is another word for it but I prefer the direct approach) (E)Interest accrued...did I leave out anything-I know I did. The aboriginal American nations (Indians) are doing this with their "Coyote Warriors"-why can't the rest of us? Another question: Texas sez it's running out of room for the New Orleans refugees-is that because there are so many illegal aliens as well as all that cheap migrant labor they let in? OUT-F___ING-RAGEOUS!!! A sure recipe for eventual civil dissent of the upteenth level. By the way Germany was the first nation that I heard of that stepped up to the plate to help us within the first 12 hours of the disaster-where were the others? Deustchland uber alles! P.S. On my last writing I mentioned "refugees from Sodom and Gommorah"-I meant "escapees from Sodom and Gommorah".

Rangers lead the way and politicians need to pay!
Twister

* Western North Carolina was hit hard with Hurricane Frances and Ivan after a summer of hevy rains. Every river valley, French Broad, Tuckaseegee, Little Tennesee, as well as the Catawba to the east and Broad and Savana drainage to the south. Strangley enough the funds from the Federal Government went to Counties down east wich were not effected by the storms.

** A section of Macon County NC where several houses came off of a Mountain side. Everyone escaped to my memory but a woman did have a miscarraige during the affair.

With that said...You'l be good.
Appalachian Intellectual

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home