Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Star Log, Febuary 19th


This is last weekends Snow in my back yard.

Thursday I tried on my Tux for the Jello Wedding. It fit great. Jello Boy's didn't. They ordered another jacket for him. It didn't fit, but, mine fit him. So, I wound up wearing my Dress Blues. Yes, all you fellow Joes, I own a set. Do you think that attracts Chics? Well, it sure attracts drunk Guys. One came into the Reception and congratulated me. I tried to get him to congratulate Jello Boy (I wish he would earn another nick name). He asked if he was in Service. I said no."Well, never mind then, congratulations to you". It dawned on me later I used to work with him. He's a real nice guy. Well, I haven't wore my Blues in almost three years. That was for an Uncles Funeral. I had to pull it out of the closet, dust it off and get all of my badges, awards and so on put on it. Jellouise left a message on my cell phone that I would have to wear them. Jello Boy told me with a grin. Everyone figures I just pull these things out of a bag and throw them on. It's not that easy.

Any way, I think they both enjoyed their Wedding and God Bless them both. Even if me and the Maid Of Honor, Mystery Girl, messed up by not letting them get half way down the isle before I gave her my arm and we trotted off.

I hadn't seen Jello Boy's Dad in a long time. I told him the Shotgun we finished for him looked great. But, Jello Boy hadn't finished the stock yet. "Yeah, I wish he would hurry up and get that thing together". He told me of how when I was a baby I didn't crawl like other youngin's. I just kind of got on one leg and scooted. He said he never seen anything like it before. I assured him I still didn't do things other peoples way. He told me I've done well for myself. I didn't want to argue with him, but, I feel I could do better. Heck, I aimed to do better last year and did, now the IRS is going to take it out of me.

Maybe I've gotten all mean. The whole time we stood there listening to the Preacher do his part I thought to myself how terribly corny Weddings are. I think it would be good if two people symbolically tied two ropes together and gave it a good tug to synch the knot down. Why does no one ever play Bongo's at Weddings? I'm not against Marriage, I'm all for it. I'm just not one to lament.

I took the Tux back today. Jello Boy told me the Manager Lady was hot, that I had to see her. He wouldn't describe her, he only said she wore flip flops and had a toe ring. Heck, any girl that would wear flip flops in Febuary can't be all bad. Well, Hot Manager Lady wasn't there. Nine Months Pregnant Girl was. I asked her when she was due and she told me Febuary 19th and that this was her fourth and last. After I walked around the corner it occurred to me that's today!

This Morning down at the Diner I ate breakfast while cutting up with the Girl at the register and a 79 year old man that's had two Heart surgeries and still lays brick and pours concrete for a living. He said he had to quit Block Work recently, that it had gotten too heavy.

Any way, "let the Midnight Special shine it's ever loving light on me"...
Appalachian Intellectual Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

What the heck, HellBilly, you got yourself on a roll today. Iwas nodding my head in agreement and enjoying the descriptions of "hot girl" and "9 month pregnant girl", etc. Thanks for making me laugh. I'm at work, aiding the feeble minded, so I needed it.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, we don't quite talk that way, no offense. Why am I not married? As for being all for it, I have no one that I'm all for.
Ed, on one has ever called me a HellBilly before. I wish you wouldn't say that you are aiding the feeble minded, it wasn't too long ago you were aiding me.
6 letters, not too bad.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

79 yrs old and still laying brick. My hat's off to that man. In between high school graduation and entering the AF, I mixed mud and carried block/brick for 2 masons. Did 4 jobs with 'em. That was the hardest work I ever did!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

It's hard work, that's for sure. He's one heck of a fellar. God Bless Him.
8 dabgum letters!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AI, Sorry. I meant Hell William. No offense, right?

You were NOT feeble minded, AI. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

A respectable 6 letters. Thanky, sir.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Hell William...Hmm.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ain't is used. Your "fer" is not. Appalachain pronountiations are very deleiberate. it would be "FoRe". One time at Ft. Benning me and Twister went to see a movie. It messed up and he hollered out fix the "ProJectoRe". This is not alway's the rule, but it's very common.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home