Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Black Fingers...Again

The Drive By Truckers played in Asheville Friday night. They put on a great show. They always do. But, I had to miss them. Not long after I would have gotten home from the show I was up and hitting the road. I went to that Urban Hell known as Charlotte where my Division Headquarters is at. I ran a simulated 9mm Range for the day. I genuinely enjoyed working with everyone who shot on my range. All 10 feet of it. Some I had to give a crash course in Pistol Shooting to, and everyone told me they learned something. That was rewarding in itself. Some were great shots, mainly those who shoot on the civilian side.

For the record I do not like the 9mm Beretta. As you can see from my profile picture, I'm a fan of Sig Sauer. .45 ACP is far superior to 9mm in effectiveness. After nearly 20 years the Army is wising back up and crossing back over to .45. What Pistol it will be is, as far as I know, still being determined.

A while back I asked if I could take my Sig with me to Iraq and was basically told it was out of the question. As for Iraq, here it is I'm told to be ready for Call Up in April and as of yesterday we do not have Orders yet. It will roller coaster. Heck, it's been a year since my "Day In The Life" where I was nearly Cross Leveled into a deploying Military Intelligence Unit.

Oh, yeah. My fingers are black. All 10 of them. I found myself doing more DuraCoating today than I planned for and three pairs of Nitrile gloves and two of some other kind were not enough. I learned some hard lessons with that stuff today. I wish I could have learned it with more gloves. The last time it took over two weeks for all of it to wear off of my finger nails. Any way, both Guns, Magazines and the Knife look great. One of the Magazines is a "USA" Magazine for my Sig which, flat out is a piece of junk. It wouldn't feed no more than two rounds through the Gun. It sits too high in the Chamber. I don't even know if "USA" is still in business. I've never heard of one working properly. It's a test piece to abuse. Test the product. As soon as it cures, if I'm not on my way to Iraq, I'll be thinking of demented things to do to it.

That's it for tonight. You'l are going to have to stop reading right here. Unless your really bored and you can read the whole darn Blog.

You'l be good...
Appalachian Intellectual

3 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Pure Acetone...It doesn't work. It will strip it from metal.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Diamond Plate? Then I would look like Liberaci!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Your so funny Murf.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home