Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006


This is above Wash Creek in Henderson County NC. It could use a low intensity fire. Awfully pretty country. The area down the creek use to be used by the National Gaurd and Reserve's for training. Some funny stories can be told about it. One time a fella was Bow Hunting Der, and, saw a ambush go down from his Tree Stand. He thought it was real, climbed down and went and told the Sheriff. He said he saw a "Cammondo style ambush". The Sheriff knew what was going on. Supposedly the guy was scared white. Everyone got a big laugh out of it. Why am I telling you this? Well, I figured you'd get a laugh out of it too. Now, come on, some one might be laughing.

Still getting things together. Three more weeks to go.
Applachian Intellectual Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Annalis said...

How about a chuckle?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

YEah, Anna, I'll take a chuckle :)

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayers! Is April 17 boots on ground or start of training?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thank you who ever you are. No, it's the day I move to a MOB Site.

Heck, I can barely read those letters below!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're replacing my husband's unit.
He went to MOB site for about 60 days. There were alot of extras that he needed when he got in country. Any questions? Glad to help.

9:03 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Well, it's better that he went to the sheriff than trying to play Robinhood and come to the aid of those ambushed. I heard stories of guys hiking the Applachian Trail in the forest land is used for training, being awaken at night with a "firefight". I didn't have the privilage.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home