Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Be Carful What You Say

Get a load of this. Elvis Drinkmo had this Talent Test over at his place. I gave it a shot and low and behold, I'm ...
Your Hidden Talent

You're super sensitive and easily able to understand situations.
You tend to solve complex problems in a flash, without needing a lot of facts.
Decision making is easy for you. You have killer intuition.
The right path is always clear, and you're a bit of a visionary.


Now, he had some others and I didn't want to know how evil I was. I kind of digged the Evil Chic though.

I have some complex problems to solve...

To Blog or not to Blog
Milblogging can be dangerous to everyones health. It should only be done in moderation. Everyone wants to know if I'll continue writing in Iraq. I intend to. My Father(who reads this) has offered to set me up with a Lap Top Computer to take with me. I'm going to have to load him down with some Deer Meat too. Of course the availabilty of the Internet will be another factor. That and time may hamper me some. The next factor is my Chain Of Command. Once in theator I have to inform them of my Blogging. At that time, they can restrict my posting or even shut me down. I know of the Man I'll be working for, but, I've never personaly knew him. However I'm optimistic that I'll be allowed to continue.
You may remember a while back I posted a request from another Milblogger that Money be raised to purchase a Wheel Chair for a crippled Iraqi Interpreter, "Kevin". Well, the boy got shut down for a while. Soldiers are not allowed to raise money, a new Wheel Chair would make "Kevin" a target as well. That's unfortunate but it's true. If such a thought had occured to me I would not have done it. There is much discretion to be used in Milblogging. Yet, we serve as unnofficial Public Realtions and a Public Service. I think the Founding Fathers would be greatful for the Common Citizen to relate with the Soldier. I don't work for the Government, I work for the American People.

I should have kept my mouth shut
I fired the Cat. She couldn't catch the rat, so I fired her. I bought a trap...a week and a half, nothing. I apologised to the Cat. This morning, it was dead. I have a good mind to go kick the thing around the yard. I was talking to My Ex's Dadd about it. He said once he put out some traps and a big Warf Rat(Wich is what I had) got caught in one of the traps, so he goes to it and it's stumbling around. He finished it with a Coke Bottle(back when they were glass). Being a Warf Rat, no wonder Pixie didn't get hold of it. I sure owe her an apology. I still have the mind to go and kick the darn thing around the yard.

Excuse me, I have a vision...
Applachian Intellectual

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for your Father - for taking care of those pesky details like computers!! Good ole paper (journal) and pencil work just fine too. Write for You!

Thanks, A.I.'s Daddy! Even if A.I. can't blog...hopefully he'll have internet access and be able to have word to family and friends.

On that Hidden Talent thingy - I'm suppose to have a calming presence for people...Oh... if it only knew!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

A classic sign off, big guy.

(Wow, a slight slip of the finger and you were, for just a brief moment, bug guy.)

#$$%%%# jxfbnksb! Your site hates me.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murf,
You and I picked the same picture... we're a calming presence....DO You think so??

4:00 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Janie, Murf, I don't know about this calming presence thing.

Ed, "bug guy" hmm.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Well, I do hope you can continue blogging while you are there. I think it would be cool to take a "bit of home " with you!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

A bit of home, I didn't look at it like that. That's a thought.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home