Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, March 17, 2006


That's my crazy self cutting Ray's Tree Stand off of a tree. 20 minutes and and a pint of sweat later, I had it. Man I wish he hadn't forgotten the Climbing Pegs. We liked to have never found a log that would boost me up there. We had gone too far just to leave the thing. The Chain had grown into the back of the tree. It had only been 10 years. This is the day I found the rottening one, wich is finished. Recovered another old forgotten Tree Stand this last weekend. I won't be using it next year...not likley. I'm really to tired to be posting...

Have Bolt Cutters, Will Travel
Appalachian Intellectual Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well A.I.~
Great seeing You.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

After finally seeing your picture I must say that from your writing I imagined you to be hairier. And shorter. This particular picture make you look a little bit like Cher.



OK, you don't look like Cher. But it made you think about it, didn't it?

Good googly moogly twwqewbx !!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

No, I don't look like Cher. I do not have a tatoo of a Butterfly across my butt.Cher is a pretty lady. She's just a little strange.
5 letters you'l, how bout that.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butterfly tattoos. Mrs AGT would be pleased to hear that. She has two of 'em. One tastefully above the breast and one just above her ankle. She never leaves home without 'em. In fact, she's got 4 tats and I've only got two.

I guess that all means that I sleep with a tattooed lady!

Guntrash here who for some reason ain't signed in to this blogspot thingy.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

AGT, I hope she never leaves home without them. If she ever does, you might want to check into that. You better not leave home without your's either. If either one of you ever do...PLEASE get help imeadiatly.

So Blogger is not being freindly to you today?

8:06 AM  
Blogger sage said...

hey, glad to see someone else with little hair on their head! Using a log as a ladder--sounds like you're bucking for a medical deferment from your upcoming deployment. Glad you're safe. And you don't look at all like Cher to me, which is probably a good thing for both you and her!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would it be rude to say - "I can see your furry arms from here, Chewy?" Or even more importantly, would it mean that I'm staring at your picture too closely? :-)

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, look at those boots! ( ;

12:17 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You all know how to give a fellar a hard time, don't you?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Annalis said...

What nice bolt cutters you have there. How nice to put a face to a name...

4:07 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Boots...Bolt Cutters...Face...

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home