Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Don't Call What Your Wearing An Outfit...

Go to your Grave Saying You Have Never Bowled.
I spent the evening with my Step Kids. At least they were, or still are. We havn't done anything together since I don't know when. Except use a Come Along for over four hours to get a Truck out from where it didn't belong. Well, I'm not going to fuss about the Boy, I've gotten a Truck where it didn't belong either.
We ate, cut up about things that happened and just spent time being ourselves I suppose. My StepDaughter is a beautiful Girl, and if a Boy ever makes her cry I'll make his life...Well, I've made people cry and didn't even try to.

They're Teen Agers. They wanted to go to the Bowling Alley. I don't Bowl and never go down there. It's prone to have riff raff hanging around. Yes, I said it and the whole County knows it. But, I had fun watching them Bowl. My Step Daughter almost begged me to Bowl. Nothing against Bowling. How many of you Hunt? Get the picture? I refused. I know it seems odd, but, it's if I ever put on those corny shoes I have crossed some invisable line. They think I'm crazy, they're probably right. I've seen the other side of the World , but, I've never picked up a Bowling Ball.

Now the riff raff. They couldn't even correctly draw a Swastika on the bathroom walls. Can't even get being prejudice right.

An Overwhelming Downpour of Freindship
My Dadd sent me the Laptop to take to Iraq with me. It's a fine Machine. I really am gratful. He had it shipped to my Civillian Work. All of my co workers "oohed and awed" over it and several volunteered a case to fit it. Well, the folks in my Department got together and gave me a real good Back Pack to fit it with my name and "US ARMY" embroided on to it. Also some movies for when the inevetible down time comes around. I'm blessed to have such good freinds. They have been really good to me and I know over the last few months I've become a real grouch at times. I'm very glad to have them and I'll lok forwrd to seing them when I come back.

At my Civillian Job, we're a small company and we're all on a first name basis. We know the names of each others Spouse, Kids and even their Dogs. Horses, Cat's you name it. Everyone get's teased about something. Some more than others. The VP/Salesman went out of his way today and gave me a well wishing, he didn't want to miss me the next week. He'll be out some of the time. I'll work this one and most of the next, then take the entire last week home off. Folks are being good to me.

The title is a Drive By Truckers qoute.
That's enough for now...
Appalachian Intellectual

7 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Well, AI when you get over there and if you can find time to blog and find you need something from the Land of the Big BX, or PX rather, let us know.

I'm serious.



Whoa, look at me... five letters!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Daydreamer of Oz said...

Hi AI,
Found you at Sage's. It must be comforting that you have a lot of support. I hope you'll have time to blog & do other things you enjoy while you're deployed. From everyone who enjoys the freedoms provided by the military...thank you!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Big D,
You have my respect and admiration, big guy. As they say in the navy, my watch has ended... now you have the watch. My prayers will be with you every day, and on that you have my word.

Ed

1:57 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I thank you all very much.
Gunner, verythoughtful of you, but, the family(I have a large extended family) should have it together. But, we'll keep it in mind.
Daydreamer, your an Aussie!Welcome, glad you came over from Sage's place. I guess "Your Welcome", I don't know what else to say. But, "Dance around the camp fire, hang around a while". In the words of Cracker.

Wow Murf, sophisticated new icon. I'm not sure what you mean though.

Ed, youv'e been a real pal. Thanks.I really do appreciate the prayers.

Thanks you'l.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, I didn't notice that. THat's pretty cool. uhm... I don't know what else to say.

I don't think I made it clear enough. I really enjoyed time with the kids the other night.

6:06 PM  
Blogger sage said...

your time with the kids sounded wonderful. I'm not much for bowling either--I think you have to drink more than I do to enjoy it--but I'd take the bowling over the come-a-long and stuck truck. Speaking of stuck trucks... mine's been stuck for about 10 days now, suppose to get it back from the body shop tomorrow with a new bed and all. Enjoy your time and glad you'll have a computer with you in Iraq. You'll be in my thoughts, stay low, be proud as you're not only an American, but an American from North Carolina.

And I like my listing--i'd hate for folks to think I'm from Michigan (no offense Murf).

7:11 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Great thanks, Sage. Yu've got one of those down east accents, do you?

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home