Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Loddy Doddy Every Body

Today was my "Good Bye Dinner" at work. The whole Company went out to eat. Every single one of us. Production may not allow it next week and I may not work all of it. My last week I'm taking Vacation. I'll be finishing up buisness.

One of the Chemist and her Husband gave me a real cool Sportsmans Bible. It's got a tough Camo cover. I think it's King James. That's great becuse I can't find either of my Bibles. They dissapeared in a move some years back. The ony one I have here is one that belonged to my Ex's late Grandmother( I ask permission out loud to use it). I wish the Ex would come and get it. I suppose I'll have to give it to her, but, it's been gone from her mind for over three years now. Also they gave me a Book Light and a Page Magnifyer. That will come in handy!

Heck, everyone gave me three cheers. They've all been really good to me. The Company, or the Boss rather, paid for everyone. Very good of him. I guess it's not too often you have an Employee go to War.We've been on hard times in these parts the last few years. I've been very fortunate to have worked with them all during this time. May God bless them all.

I'm tired and beleive it or not, I have Drill this weekend. I better git.
Appalachian Intellectual

2 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

That's pretty neat, A.I. I don't know if there's such a thing as the perfect place to work, but sounds like you do work with and for some decent folks.

That's good!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

It will be Murf, giving the place doesn't blow up. And, I don't think that will happen. We're too good for that. They have to by Law, but, they asure me it will be there when I get back.

AGT, we get along fine n many respects, not perfectly, but, we look after each other. Not all work places do that.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home