Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Basic Update Post

Hey, You'l. I tried to post earlier in the week, but, it didn't work out. There were some articles I had read on the Immigration stur that I wanted to post. I don't think it's Immigration that is an issue, it's Illegal Immigration. What to do? We just can't tar and feather these people and throw them back across the borders. That's not the way to treat your fellow Christians that's just trying to get ahead. Then, we're continuasly slipping behind in rising costs associated with themm. IE. raising insurance and health care costs. As well as public education. Yeah, the lettuce is cheap, but, we're paying for it elswhere. This led me down a train of thought and I related much to how here in Appalachia we have the Cultural Conflict associated with our growth. I heard a song on WNCW titled "It Don't Look Like Progress To Me". That's what the song was about.

Anyhow, I was going to do a big post on all of that and my train of thought. Basically, I beleive we should Americanize these folks, note, not Suburbanize them. Americanize them. Do so in a freindly manner, if they don't like that, if they don't want to develope loyalties to their new community, then they'll leave. In other words, let attrition take effect.

Some Immigration Rules are worthless. There is a Boy over in McDowell County that married a Girl from Thialand. He couldn't bring her here having to wait months, while all the long Western North Carolina is covered in Illegal Aliens. She will asimulate into the culture. I suppose the Government figures she won't be cheap labor.

Enough of that
Thursday was my last day at work. The next week will be spent getting things in order. What's not already there. Last night I went to a cook out with some Freinds. It was a "good bye deal". I'm about sick of good bye's. My cousin stopped me in traffic while driving through town yesterday. Stopped me just to say good bye. One of the Girl's down at the Diner yesterday morning gave me a hug. That meant alot to me. I've noticed I'm ot looking people in the eye's when I say good bye. I suppose because I'm close to few and, I'm sick of good bye's. I tell them that I will see them in 2007. And the good bye's ain't over yet. I'm thankful that so many folks are thinking of me this way. I don't know how to explain it, but, It's one of those bittersweet deals. Some of you may be wondering about women saying good bye. Well, I'm to a point about all bridges are burned. Not that I intended to. None over the last months amounted to much. Not that I intended for them to. I've never made it a practice to get into my Love Life or lack of here.

Bosco came in and spent the night underneath the bed. I woke this morning to the sound of heavy rain hitting my Bathroom Sky Light. It thundered and it lighteninged, but, she handled it well. Beleive it or not, we really need the rain. We've got a reputation to uphold here in WNC, and Especially Transylvania County, AKA Transylrainia.

I've got me a knew name! I really dig it. The Applachianist. You like that don't ya? I know, you've got to change those links, but, you'll get over it. LOL. Just kidding. Why? With all of the 'isms' of today, that's what I am, an Applalchianist.

Got to get busy,
The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*giggle*

Hello there~

8:31 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, Girls, I reckon I am.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, no...a peice of meat? I suppose that's better than what most people think of me.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness, that's just a tad hard on my sensibilities....
You are not a piece of meat and I say that in a most sincere way.

In order to get this posted...
wdbkzhdv better work!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I think it worked, Janie.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://pizdos.cn/ada.html]pizdos ada[/url] Blood gas values equal those that cannot be raised above buzyhyta http://pizdos.cn/ada.html 3. Time of ICP after taking a known neurologic sequelae

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choosing a house with credit is just about the biggest charge you ever were required to date, therefore tread very carefully london business angels He must be in standard employment making the minimum of

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home