Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Back In The Saddle

"I'm on a roll...I'm on a roll...My baby got some brand new clothes...
Riding high, shooting like a rocket I can't help smiling got some money in my pocket...
Like a Soldier riding into battle I've fallen off the horse but I got back in the saddle...
I'm on a roll..."

A "Gritty Mountain Rock" quote.
The Appalachianist

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i am glad to see you all tickled pink....not much longer...your right, they will be waiting..

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooooooooooooo ha! Wait and count those chickens . . . . Redading this blog, I have learned so much about "stuff" I just don't know a whole lot about . . . the music is amazin' and its all amazing. Riding over the Sierra Nevada range heading across the desert at night trying to make it to Salt Lake City in the early morning some of us a group of us in convoy stopped and looked at the desert sky filled with stars. It was everything the cowboys sang about in the movies as long ago as my childhood, but not as precious as Appalachia I suppose. I got my grandson a book of the indian named moons that cross the mountains. He, as I have mentioned, is part Choctaw (We are still trying to find out which part. I argue it is his ears. I think his indisan name will be "He who hears all.") Step, step, step . . . bring it on home, baby.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yes, Ms. Kitten, they're waiting.

Bob, I'm glad somebodies getting something out of this thing.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

You rock too cutie!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oooh..I rock! Don't tell me Lee Ann, the first time you said "You roll cutie". Either way around "I'm on a roll".

9:10 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

No....the first time I was typing too fast and hit the publish button. The second I hit the button, I realized I typed "to". I just could not let that one go. I know, I know, OCD! ;)
Have a great weekend cutie!
~xo

8:56 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

LOL, Lee Ann, your such a sweet heart. I'm not too hip, I'll have to Google OCD. Weekend? it is Friday isn't it. The 16th is all I know. That's not permanent confusion. I will have a good weekend when I get home.
Be sweet :)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this is probably the last comment on this post. A friend got me a radio that plays old radio shows from the 30's and 40' and early 50's. So, I will listen to the Lone Ranger tonight before I turn in. Tonight I went to an annual reuion of the 360th Civil Affair Brigade (Thurmond's Brigade). I was with them for more than a few years. They have been deployed all over the place. How much longer before you have some home time? Bill Sipes

8:59 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. But I know what she means. I figure half the "hits" on my own blog are from me going in to change misspellings. Bad grammer I can live with, mostly because yes, I do talk like that. But regardless of how I use or order the words, I should at least still be able to spell them. (Don't even let it cross your mind for a minute that I have anything bad to say bout the creative way you spell. I was only talking about me. Well, also about Lee Ann's infirmity.)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Does your uniform have any green in it or did you get pinched cutie?

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home