Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Death of Liberty

Your dieing America. Slowly. Just like Rome. When in Rome do as the Romans and perish with them as well. We don't have a grasp of our founding principles. Until we do regain a grasp, that's what we can expect. "What goes wrong your causing it to drown".

People complain about the Bush administration, and with good reason. But then some of it is like saying, "If I had gone out with Jill, I wouldn't be unhappy with Jan"... I believe no matter who else was in the White House we would be where we are at today. Jill and Jan are twins...One wears tight jeans and the other a mini skirt, other wise they are just alike. You've got to steer your own course and let the twins ride along. They will wise up after a while.

The Dow is down and Al Gores power bill is up.

Now, I'm no guru to the cause. I can see a remedy, but I can't name the ingredients. We, as a people better figure it out. "Reality, it burns ". So, we best take a good look at where we came from and where we're going.

Alright, you got me on my soap box this time...
The Appalachianist

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm afraid too many are too busy trying to peek up the mini skirt to see what the real problems are.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Any time they get on their high horse you can see up their skirts, MS. Kitten.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Annalis said...

Hi AI,

I just wanted to say hello. I've really lagged on my blog but wanted you to know I was still out there...

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a lot of truth in all of that and then some. I don't feel comfortable with very much of what is happening. I am tired of seeing so much energy wasted on Paris Hilton, Brittny Spears, et. al., and poor Anna Nicole is gone. I'm not so sure any of that is the reality we need to think about. Anyway wear a tutu so nobody can see nothin' when they are lookin'. (aka cya)(ain't I good . . google it) Now that's reality. Keep watchin' your own backside. Down hill, Baby! That's reality too.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Annalis, great to see you...Now you could have commented on the subject matter...My reading of blogs has fallen behind.

Bill, all of those women you named i am sick of. No, Bill, no tutu needed, a pair of britches is fine. Yeah, down hill slope...it's about to get slippery. I look forward to that.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

That is ok cutie.
Oh, what kind of soap was in it?
;)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Lee Ann, I figure your referring to my slippery comment. Well, I used to have a whole pack of dial soap, but, I kept leaving them in the shower. I did have some Soap Crayons and a soap pig mailed to me...Pig Soap...I swannie...

9:09 AM  
Blogger Annalis said...

AI, is it just me or are you never satisfied? :)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...oh I bet he can be satisfied...uhm that is, his soap needs! ( :

Listened to the Drive by Truckers CD (Blessing and a Curse)this morning instead of the News...thought of you.

Take care.
hugs~

5:02 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Annalis, I ain't sure what brought that on. When it comes to the twins n DC I ain't satisfied. I'd like to say satisfaction is in the eyes of the satisfier, but it is in the hands of the satisfyee. Well, Janie thinks I can be.

Janie, a great CD. I'm am just sparkling in satisfaction I turned someone onto the Drive By Truckers. Don't tell me it's when he says, "I've been falling for so long it feels like gravity is gone and I'm just floating"...

My soap needs are satisfied. I have a surplus of everything, really. Anybody want any foot powder? I will break even on soap if I keep leaving it in the shower.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soap boxes are good when they aren't slippery and slimmy like the ones in DC. I couldn't agree more, we are fiddling and we will be burned. United We Stand, Divided We Fall....and oh, are we so divided...it's scary. That's all I can say, otherwise I would be typing on here for days on my box.

I am w/Bill, we have become a shallow nation, the best thing about Anna's death was that I actually turned off my TV! The only way I could get away from it...it was nice to give my brain a rest.

"I swannie"...good one! I haven't heard that one in a while, LOVE IT!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

9:37 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, I guess not getting around to posting has had it's reasons. Annon, good you agree.

Hey David, you any kin to Gwynn? She's a real pretty lady. Thanks, link me if you wish, I don't mind. But, your base ball blog is just not my cup of tea. I'm not big on spectator sports. Thanks again.

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout "Truth we demand or misguided we crawl" seems to be more appropriate in these days of "Bushit and words of mass deception". Glad I could help.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home