Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, March 05, 2007

The post You've Not Been Waiting For

Folks, I've just not been in any real posting mood. It will break soon and you can read all about what ever I happen to be posting about. Be it back home (a far away distant land) life in general, the War here or some other odds and ends.

Your hanging on the edge of your seat, ain'tcha? It ain't like I don't have things to talk about. Maybe I will start scratching one tonight.

I did learn I would be called "Tug" if I was a British Royal Marine because my name is Wilson. Why is that I asked..."Because it's a tradition in the Royal Marines and Royal Navy", he answered. Which reminds me, I'm impressed by the British Puma helicopter. It's pretty quiet and picks up good speed.

So there you go...
The Appalachianist

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the Post Title very literal!!! You scared me for a few seconds...had to go get my glasses!! ( :

Not sure I like the Tugs name. Reminds me to much of Tubs. Though, I suppose I could write you with....

Hey Tugs!
Hugs~

10:20 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

No, Janie, I'm fine. Heck what else do I call it?

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps call it "mindful or watchful"?? You also could go with "wicked and passionate" but I think that is for something else...

Keep busy.

4:27 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Hey Tugs, just checking in.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tugs? . . . how about Yank! I'll keep it short. It's OK by me. I need to make a comment sometime about the Chinese restaurant, Twin Dragons, coming to Brevard meanwhile stay safe in that far away place that ain't like the mountains at all. Take Care.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Tug!
I just wanted to say hi to the cutest military guy I know.
Have a great week!
~xo

8:39 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, Janie, they could be for another post...I'll keep busy.

God to hear from you, sage, hopeyour trip home was a good one.

Bill, I used to live where Twin Dragoons is now, only for six months in a ratty trailer. I had deer in my yard every morning, had odd neighbors...

Lee Ann, your going to give me stretch marks behind my ears. Now, I'm probably about the only army guy you know. Oh, but you flatter me...

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm totally missing any connection whatever between "Tug" and "Wilson," but I'm not a Brit so I'll just try to let it go.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Tug, backwards is gut. You got guts, don't cha? Sneaky limeys.

Anyway I had to laugh. Wilson. Like Mr. Wilson.

The Puma helo is pretty quick and stealthy, alright. They named a sneaker after it.

Yep. You guessed it. This was the comment you had not been waiting for.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would get to Brevard with my kids, get a place at Davidson camp ground, and head uptown to the old movie theatre which I adored. I liked it better than the new one. I know they had to upgrade it to make money, but Twin Dragon threw me even as I like Chinese food. I just liked the whole of Brevard that I experienced . . . the stream, sliding rock, Looking Glass Falls, and the forest. Don't worry about a short post. It is difficult to keep it all long and interesting and nice all the time. You can't talk about what's on your mind, but like someone said about posting it let's the ever present posse know you are ok. Don't have to say much more than hello. Take care.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

AQ, I don't get it either, but, I' sure there is a story to it. I ought to look it up, interesting enough. Good to see you.

Ed, the things are fast. I guess they did name a tennie shoe after them, I didn't think of that...

Bill, good to see you. Yeah, they had to change it, but, now it's only one movie at a time. Once upon a time there were two theaters, but, that was in my grand parents day.I saw Si Bad the Sailor there, first movie I remember seeing in a theater.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only got to ride in a copter once, and it was so great i wanted to fly one for the longest after..sin bad the salor,,that explains a lot..(wink).

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry..sailor..it's been one of those days..

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you getting short, yet, Sgt Wilson?

A.G.T.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

My Sweet Kitten,you should try jumping out of one...Now what does Sinbad explain? I ought to find that old movie.

LOL, Kitten, I have those days, those fingers and one of those key boards.

I am AGT, I mark nine months in country on the 9th!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

juping out of one sounds cool, i bet it's a rush..you know what that explains,,and so young to boot.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Kitten, With a helicopter you get the true sensation of falling. Not with a winged aircraft that is a more violent exiting. Are you talking about me? I Love You, but sometimes your comments lose me.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one less hour at work,,sounds good.it is spring forward, right? i knew that had to be exciting ai..but it would probably finish off my back..you can't believe all that about cats always landing on their feet..i've landed on probably eveything but my feet...

3:03 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Kitten, we only have a seven hour difference between us now. Time changes here on the 1st of April. One time my helmet got ripped off of my head because of a dry rotted chin strap...what a night...slammed my head into Fryer Drop Zone. Land on big fluffy pillows.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home