Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ironic, Is It Not?

Since TV went digital, in order to fight terrorism, I only get the Greenville SC Station enough to pay attention. On the news down there all that they ever talk about is car wrecks and murders. Up here on the Asheville news you get that too, but it's more that someone is ticked off over someones dog. Most often a Pitt Bull.

I saw on the news this wail jumped up out of the water and snatched a woman, thrashing her around until her death. The park is hanging on to the wail. If that was a Pitt Bull, it'd be in the dirt already. In a world that thumps it's chest over zero tolerance anymore, it sure makes some exceptions.

Over in Hendersonville, AKA Hooterville, a Policeman shot a Pitt Bull in someones yard. I can't remember why he was there. All of the neighbors were upset, saying the dog was only playing. I never heard what came of it.

I'm not partial to Pitts, myself. I'm not going to tell some tourist trap what to do with their wail. It's not my place. Bob Barker might. It's ironic though.

The Appalachianist

12 Comments:

Blogger pipsqeak said...

well the problem with the whale is, unlike a pitt bull, you can't shoot it and bury it by the tank as a warning to the other whales to stay in line. But they can't just let it go in the wild, because that's what the whale wants and we can't let this whale terrorist win. I vote Guantanamo, but that's just me. ; )

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why Pipsgeak years ago there was a radio program and then a television one based on a character called the Cisco Kid. He had a partner called Poncho. The two of them would kid aroung ending the show with each saying of the other "Ohhhhh, Cisco!" Ohhhhh, Poncho!" I think "Ohhhhh, Pipsgeak" "Ohhhhh, Appalachianist! It seems it will snow again, but it will not snow in Columbia, S.C. Take care. ;>) Bill

6:31 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

Thanks for ending this entry the way you did, AI. Now I have that Alanis Morrisette song in my head.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

I'm not the first one that's asked it but still it's puzzling to think that didn't those folks ever wonder why those things are called "Killer" Whales?

9:50 PM  
Blogger Red Star said...

I have always wondered why mankind thought they could train a beast that lived before them, thousands of years without their interference. Now, some idiot "trainer" thinks she can just play around with a 12 ton animal and not think their is a risk? The smartest mammals(humans) are usually the idiots.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why Red Star, I am appalled at your thinking that the smartest animals are humans and are usually the idiots. Why I have never found that to be true in anyway what so ever or my name ain't John Edwards. My name ain't John Edwards and I got naked pictures to prove it. Where is dat killer whale. Bill (You is right! ;))

8:40 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Did anyone notice I used the wrong spelling for Whale? I can't believe you get me get away with that, Murf.

Ohhhh, Pipssqeak!

ohhhh, Murf!

ohhhh, Bill!

Ohhhh, Gun Trash!

ohhhh, Red Star...Who ever you are...The camp fire is a little died down, but we'll get it stoked up. Feel free to stand around it with the rest of us.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know know better, or is it I didn't know no better. I grew up along the banks of the Catawba River and I ain't never seed no whale. I saw a gaw fish once and it was ugly enough to remind me of my sister, besides I was raised to be polite. Did I ever tell you about the time my uncle-in-law passed out playing setback cards. We just ignored him and played his cards for him. God bless him, and er, you too. Got to go to church. Bill

8:38 AM  
Blogger pipsqeak said...

This is supposed to be a campfire? where's my s'more? Stop holding out on me App.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is ironic, is it not, that folks won't tell you: when your fly is open, when yo breath stinks, when you have spinich hangin' 'tween yo teeth, and when you . . . mispell wail. You did that on purpose . . . right? ;) Bill

1:50 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I guess after all these years, your spelling has worn me down, A.I. :-)

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hendersonville . . . AKA Hooterville? Bill

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home