Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Rocking Appalachia

Al Gore provides solutions to our environmental dilemma.


Hayseed Dixie conquers the Nashville.


Hayseed Dixie...Not Motorhead...Ace of Spades.


All Humility...



You Are 12% Sociopath



You're empathetic, loyal, and introspective.

In other words, there's no way you're a sociopath... but you can spot one pretty easily!



It's a Hill Billy Rave.
The Appalachianist

8 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

You scared me when I saw that Al Gore bit, before I played the video. I was thinking Darn, I didn't know Dan was Goremon.

Keeping your poop in a jar. I got a smile out of that one.

They're different, they're good musicians, but they're different. :-)

I always thought I'd like a bolt action shotgun. Especially for slugs. I think the Israelis use them for putting holes in car radiators and engine blocks at checkpoints. I read that somewhere.

5:28 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

I think I will have to stick to Southern Culture on the Skids.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AHFTBR, I love SCOTS. We're kindred souls...or at least equally warped.

I think the boys need, as Viki Sue Robinson sang, percussion. The git-fiddles and banjos are hot, but need that "thunka thunka" . My humble opinion.

They reminded me a lot of the Kentucky Headhunters. Not necessarily the sound, but way they were able to interpret and seamlessly fuse disparate styles. I remeber hearing the old Acuff song "Walk Softly On This Heart of Mine" on the radio. I drove rght past my turnoff home and into Fredricksburg (VA,) where our only mall was, and bought it. I was so blown away by that rock/bluegrass fusion.

The song near the end credits, the one about coming up on our hill... eyes getting blown out... etc was one I would like. In another, somewhat oblique Headhunters reference, it made me think of the Brother Phelps song (the Phelps bros left KY Headhunters, released one album, then bee lined it into obscurity) "Lookout Mountian". It was a song about trying, and ultimately failing, to keep the yankees from taking Lookout Mountian.

Sorry... this seems to have gotten long and meandeing. Like I was writing for The Rolling Stone instead of The Hellbilly Comment Card.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I really think Al is on to something, Gunner. He can save us from our selves. Talk about a sociopath.

SCOTS rule the piedmont! You've got to love a band that starts a song out with "Moma died and daddy got drunk". Which I happened to hear as I was hopping out of my truck at the gas station Friday on my way home from work. The drummer and bass player are from Roanoke.

Hellbilly? You've been listening to Hank III, Ed.

The song, "The Ace of Spades" is a Motorhead cover. I don't know how many would know that being a non hair band heavy metal thing. Kentucky Head Hunters were a good band, nearly forgotten. I don't know if they did metal covers though.

OK, Sociopath tests, I feel better now...It was just too clean at 0%.

8:36 AM  
Blogger 1776 said...

Now I have to go dig out my Kentucky Headhunter CD. I used to love that band. What ever happened to them? Fame get in the way?

I have to say I don't think they are anything like Hayseed Dixie though. Hayseed to me was just making noise, not music.

It's ok to Ramble Ed we all do it, well, maybe not all of us, but the kindred and warped do. You lived in the 'Burg? I have had many a good time there, I am just a squirrels jump in the 'Ville.

AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA! LMAO!
Gore a sociopath! Good one. Gotta love that APP. I think you are on to something. I would love to know his test score. He definitely ain't right and gives me the CREEPS big time.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, Mew, he that's what he is. With all due respect to his former position.

There is a difference in seeking responsibility and seeking power.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am just checking into the whole thing . . . trying to catch up . . . and just wishing everyone a belated happy new year . . . don't want to talk about Lookout Mountain . . . too many Yankees . . . in the mountains . . . just like now I guess . . . hope all is well . . . I am still laughing at the proposed name for Wiggley when she corners a pig . . . Piggley Wiggley . . . heard Asheville had four inches of snow a week ago and the discussion of the 1 inch of snow in Brevard was plum beautiful to read and think about . . . it was awesome to think about . . . . Bill Sipes

7:31 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bil, been wondering where you've been. The snow here wasn't mucch and din't last long. I think it was more of a media event than anything.

I almost started calling that dog snoopy. She sits up on top of Squeaky's house and looks like Snoopy.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home