Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Thanksgiving Message From Me

Happy Thanksgiving. I ain't going to preach, I am not going to compare alternatives in order to be thankful. I do hope you enjoy yourself the next couple of days. I also want to thank everyone of you, Heathens, Sinners,Saints, Lovers and Fighters, for coming here and observing my attitude.



Well, it's alright...finnaly found the lyrics.
Well its all right, riding around in the breeze
Well its all right, if you live the life you please
Well its all right, doing the best you can
Well its all right, as long as you lend a hand

You can sit around and wait for the phone to ring
Waiting for someone to tell you everything
Sit around and wonder what tomorrow will bring
Maybe a diamond ring

(chorus 2)
Well its all right, even if they say youre wrong
Well its all right, sometimes you gotta be strong
Well its all right, as long as you got somewhere to lay
Well its all right, everyday is judgement day

Maybe somewhere down the road aways
Youll think of me, and wonder where I am these days
Maybe somewhere down the road when somebody plays
Purple haze

(chorus 3)
Well its all right, even when push comes to shove
Well its all right, if you got someone to love
Well its all right, everythingll work out fine
Well its all right, were going to the end of the line

Dont have to be ashamed of the car I drive
Im just glad to be here, happy to be alive
It dont matter if youre by my side
Im satisfied

(chorus 4)
Well its all right, even if youre old and grey
Well its all right, you still got something to say
Well its all right, remember to live and let live
Well its all right, the best you can do is forgive

(chorus 5)
Well its all right, riding around in the breeze
Well its all right, if you live the life you please
Well its all right, even if the sun dont shine
Well its all right, were going to the end of the line


The Appalachianist

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, looking at the picture of Squeaky riding the box down at Coweeta Creek and the steam locomotive (it looks like a steamer that ran the mountains one time a while ago) and remembering your comment in a post sometime ago about coming home and looking up at the night sky and seeing the stars of the milky way and thinking (writing) it's great to be alive . . . it is a blessing to be home and a thanksgiving evry day of it . . . keep hunting all you all

3:36 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I'll do it, Bill, have a good one down in the Flat Lands. I'm thankful. I'm thankful the rain is about t fall, even if it could shut my hunting out in the morning. I'm thankful they're playing Weezer on the radio..."Ooh wee Ooh, I look just like Buddy Holly, Oh Oh and you Mary Tyler Moore, I don't care what they say about us any way". Of course, I'm not saying you look like Mary Tyler Moore, Bill. Nice looking lady though.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

You've been posting a lot lately. Sorry I got behind. This "breadwinner" gig can be a drag.

Anyway, I liked the comment about taking an Isreli chick if he had to choose. May or may not work. Here's why.

I used to figure that I was comfortable, but by no stretch rich. Then I realized that everything is relative (not a relative, and you will understand that significance as I continue)so I just needed to be in the right place. I road tripped a lot back then, and often made my way to MS, LA, WV etc, staying in small towns. I thought that relative to what was at home, I probably offered an attractive alternative.

Seems that my reasoning was not way off, and it had it's rewards. My only miscalculation, and it took away 10 years of my life and moved me into the "Divorced" catagory unde marital status on credit applications, was not thinking the plan all the way through.

See, it is a tired cliche, but cliches hold a right fair amount of truth, that you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

8:56 AM  
Blogger 1776 said...

Happy Thanksgiving App and to all his readers. I am thankful for this blog, nice group of folks here.

I love the Traveling Wilburys, I had to pull out their CD and give it a listen, it's been a while.

Can't take the trailer park out of the girl...chuckle of the day!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Sparkel said...

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. Thank you all for making each day more enjoyable.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
~XO
LEE ANN

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving! My glass has always been half full, never half empty! So I've a lot to be thankful for.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, I know. I'm about ready to slow down awhile.

As for the cliche...it's like the words of Soul Asylum, "Bitter sweetheart, sad but true, it's bitter sweetheart that's a hard heart to cure".

Thank You Mew, Yeah, the Wilbury's were fun. Too bad two of them have died.

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, sparkel.

Wow, Lee Ann, all capitals.

Yeah, Gunner, "I'm just happy to be here happy to be alive".

Thanks to all of yuns.

8:12 PM  
Blogger baygirl said...

Appalachianist,

Found this blog by accident reading about the Appalachian area. I am a Southern girl myself and love reading your writing. You have got a great since of humor. I don't know about all this bear hunting though...kind of one of those over the top animal lovers. (at least I know this about myself) Is it cruel?? Grew up with a deer hunting father and love deer meat, but do you eat a bear??
Anyway, hope all you bloggers have a great holiday!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Baygirl, so many questions so early. Well, welcome to my humble, sometimes silly, sometimes fuming, sometimes reflective, sometimes...OK, you get the picture. Thank You for the compliments.

Is Bear Hunting cruel? No. Cruelty comes in different forms.
Now for eating bear meat, most folks don't know how to do it. It often turns out greasy. Makes the best stew meat though. Some of the best wild meat I've ate was Bear tender Loin.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home