Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Is this Video Friday VI?

I've not posted this week, no, I haven't. And contrary to rumors I was not abducted and held hostage by a lesbian biker gang. Don't post for the sake of posting, it's bad blog karma. Causes flu symptoms.

I didn't have anything paticulaly in mind for Video Friday VI?. So your gettingThe Dead Milkmen.



Have fun eating left over halloween candy. I'll be doing the Army Reserve thing this weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

What, no one digs the Dead Milkmen?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sparkel said...

Ha!Ha! Lord almighty Appalachianist, I dont know if this senile brain can handle all the things your teaching me. Never heard of the Dead Milkmen till today. Still grinning. I've heard of Eric Clapton (showing my age), but hey, I know who Nickleback is, REM. some country, jazz. etc. Thought myself pretty well rounded (in more ways then one - ha) till reading your blog. Keep 'em coming and have fun at Reserve Weekend. Sarcasm? Nah.
Life should aways be fun.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help! I am being held captive by a . . . what did you call them, "biker gang" thingamahjigs all hogs, . . . er, riding hogs that is . . . er, riding. Just lettin' you know I read everything and believe all of it that I read cause its all you need to know right here on the Appalachianist, more or less. Take care. Have a good drill.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Get off the age thing Sparkel. I think the Dead Milkmen are no longer, they were having too much fun. I don't kow, it cae up in conversation between me and a coworker.
Oh, yes, Life should always be fun, bring back The Dead Milkmen! Let em knw it was OK to have fun!

Bill, something good happened this drill. Hint, DA Form 4651-R.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home