Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

premature Video Friday IV, Self Controll

I told you'll this is like the Ed Sullivan Show. This lady's name is Didem, not quite sure how it's pronounced, she's Turkish. Time wise it's 3:42, so it's a little dial up friendly.

Let's give this very talented young lady a hand...

Our next act needs little introduction, it's the great American Punk Band, now unfortunately mostly deceased, The Ramones with their friendly 2:26 seconds hit "I wanna be sedated!".

Moral of the video, when everyone around you is in chaos, be still.
If you can get both video's to play at the same time and mute the first one...She's belly dancing to The Ramones!

I was thinking of this song as we were waiting for the bird to take us out of Baghdad.

I got it out to you early. There is a red sky this morning. "Red sky morning, Sailor take warning".

The Appalachianist

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey App

Didem has been the best so far, audience was a little lame, but she was great.

Good choice on the Ramones song, I can relate.

I see you have been very busy on your blog since I was gone. I am so sorry about Star. It hurts for sure.

Mew

11:15 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, no doubt, Didem rocks. So do The Ramones, but they're a bunch of scuzzy guy's.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liked Didem. Such an art.

Ramones video...loved the peeping tom guy keep trying and trying!!! That was fun.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

AI, you gotta have a warning before posting videos like that. You have some older men in your audience whose ticker may not be able to handle that. :-)

I wonder if there is a video of Joey Ramone belly dancing.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sparkel said...

LOL """AI, you gotta have a warning before posting videos like that. You have some older men in your audience whose ticker may not be able to handle that. :-)""


Ya all just continue to warm this ol yankee heart.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, looka here, you can post as many of these videos as you can find. Ah resent bein' called old except I though that was supposed to be a ruby in her tummy and a diamond big as Texas on her toeeee, but then who's lookin' at her toe (in case no one remembers, it's a line from a fifties song). I thought they were expeiencing an earthquake or something until I saw the audience . . . what were they on (I know I want to be sedated.) Now, don't get caught trin' to teach a big ol black bear to belly dance . . . and does the "red sky" mean you got the storm and some rain . . . I hope so.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Hmm, it appears that Didem was quite the hit.

Yeah, it rained, Bill.

Hunting report later.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it took me an hour and a half to finish . . . the video. Great it rained . . . .

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home