Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Grape Vines Think Alike...

Actually, Twister said "great minds think alike", but it sounded as if he said, "grape vines think alike". I can't remember what we were thinking. I assure you we were thinking though. The boy has done up and started growing a beard, says it make him hear better. I told him he looked like "Honest Abe", he said he thought he looked Amish. An Amish Mulungeon(BTW, did you see the Varga Pin Ups on the bottom of that page?)...Really, he is Mulungeon. So, this one is for you Twister!


The boy I got "Split" from made good and gave me another Kemmer Cur from a different litter. I've not yet settled on a name for her. I'm leaning towards "Star" on account as I was coming across the Mountain with her I was listening to The Cult wondering what to name her. The next song was "Star" and it's better than Eidie She's six weeks old now and cried terribly last night. I put her in my out building in a little cage deal I set up for her. Well I went this morning to check on her and found her in Squeaky's barrel. She had managed to get out,and climbed out under the gap in the door, so tonight, I have it barred. I should have known. Earlier in the yard messing with an old chain saw she I had to keep pulling her away from it. She cried and climbed on me so much coming across the Mountain I almost wanted to call her "Needy", but...Dabgummit, I'll call her Star. She didn't cry hardly today. I have a picture of her, but, I left my camera at work...Stay Tuned heathens.
Here's The Cult with "Star"


The boy I got her from stepped an a 4 ft Rattle Snake this weekend. Amazingly, it just layed there. They were hog Hunting in Georgia and got on a big one, that after being shot twice with a .22 Magnum, made off. The Dogs had too much of it's scent in their nose that they could not detect another track...It got away. Well, today, as I begin writing this is the 1st of October, fifteen more days to Bear season. Squirrel opens the same day, so, I'll squirrel hunt after work and Bear/hog Hunt on the weekends until time changes and its too dark after work.

Do you know what to call a group of bears? I didn't until today...They can be loners...A Sloth. Check it out Did you go down to Dogs? see what they call a pack of Curs? Cowardice? Nah, they ain't cowards. Kemmers are commonly blond (Star is), not yellow. They've got Grit, and so do Plotts. That's why I have them.


I'm a Hill Billy Adrenaline Freak and a Wild Hearted Son..."I'm just a bread of society..."
The Appalachinist

8 Comments:

Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Uhm...That was...Not nice, Murf. Daughtry? I don't know much, neutral I'd say.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

It's slang the kids use nowadays, AI. Relax.

Huh. I would have thought Daughtry would be played all around North Carolina.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, that would be "duh bitches" then, and I have been accused enough.

No, we barely hear them, at least I do...Or don't. Hmm...Which is it?

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like weird al but m' beard ain't that long.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Twister, you are technologically impaired, you don't even have a cell phone, of course mine fell in the toilet Saturday night...No, your beard ain't that long, but it's defiantly Amish. give it another couple of months. And being your homey, I agree you look good in black.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thaz funny. I thought I was technologically independent...except for my pc and my firepower...oh and don't forget my 3'x 3.5' TV (no cable or sat...just an adequate home entertainment center). TV is stupid so I've plenty of books. TV is stupid because even though there are cool channels like history, scifi, or military channels you can't pick and choose the channels you want. I should say that the companies providing sat and cable are stupid for not offering this option. But maybe they don't because they think or know there are people stupid enough to waste their money on useless channels mixed in with the good ones. Not me. I am keeping my money and the sat and cable companies can all go to hell. I read the Melungeon thing you had there. What an odessey. It seems really far fetched but at the same time it explains a lot of trends in my thinking. I do have a natural aversion to catholicism. Especially when I know that the present pope was hitlerjugend (hitler youth) and the pope before him was a Polish businessman/industrialist who collaberated with the nazis by supplying the "showers" at the extermination centers with the necessary chemicals. Heil hitler and hail mary! Bunch o damn child molesters! Thaz right I said it! Any bunch that'll go to great lengths to keep their "boogermen" from getting the just punishment they deserve are guilty too...they all been doin for years...tryin to to hide it tells me they all guilty right up to their pope! I got a hunch if Jesus (the Ranger-in-the-Sky who always led by example) decided to come down here today I bet one thing he might say would be to the effect of: "Let's go loot the vatican to feed and clothe the poor!" And I'd say: "Aaaaayyy Man, I am with you!" Yep....catholic church been involved in some hideous shit for centuries...abominable religion! Why the hell would anybody wanna be involved with them after all thaz been said and done? They got a lotta people hornswaggled...I know that much. Anyhow...I gotta go work on my first blog. I am thinkin o callin it the the "Floggin Blog" with a medievel woodcut picture of some poor bastard (with weasel bush or witch hillary's face superimposed on the floggee) and my face superimposed on the flogger using a cat o nine tails, brangin d blood...heheheh. It'd be a place where we can all get together an argue about anythang and everthang, cuss anybody and each other, express ourselves and let off steam...like the marianas islands...a place to go nuclear! Heheh...it will be cool...heheh....heh.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Twister, you can call this proposed blog of yourn's "Twisted Twister The Militant Mulungeon's Flog N Blog". Yes, an aversion to catholicism is a Southern Appalachia thing...So, I wonder about that. What were the Portuguese? (Mulungeons descended from a Portuguese Colony for all of you curious onlookers) You know, I almost had a steady no strings thing with a girl once that was Catholic, so she didn't believe in birth control, you know the answer to that one. Ha less than a year later I had a ready made family. Once I heard a Catholic Priest say that Jesus could have struck down all of his accusers and the Romans's from the cross...That has always stuck with me. Yes, the Vatican turns me off with it's grandeurs. As well so does some of the local Baptist and Methodist. And yes, they have covered for child molesters...So did the Transylvania County Sheriffs Dept, until it got out. (Curious Onlookers, a Deputy was molesting a teenage boy for several years and the boy came out with it, after I returned from Iraq, I learned I knew the kid). So, I don't want to demonize the Catholic Church, but, I do have an aversion...God's not a control freak, why does his "servants" have to be? What little I know of the Knights Of Columbus, I do respect.
One last thing, a Baptist Preacher said this summer, "you can go to Heaven, and still never know Heaven on Earth".

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep..I know of fair weather Christians and those that go to church to be seen esp. in the church I was raised in. They let a bunch o outlanders in control, defaced the church of my childhood into some white elephant and then the most part of these asses ran off to do the same thing to some other church. Meanwhile the congregation is stuck with the bill intead o using d money to do real Lord's work...I know they somethin in d Bible that speaks 'bout vanity. An don't b fooled by false profits like d sort dat rurnt my church. I'll never go back.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home