Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Video Friday II, Roger Miller and the Dandy Warhols

Words of wisdom from the great Roger Miller


And not so wise words from the Dandy Warhols. You Bohemians.


See you got two of them. Why? "Yeah I like you and I'm feeling so bohemian like you".
So, sing along. "You can be happyif you put your mind to it".
I oughta parody the Dandy Warhols...

The Appalachianist

5 Comments:

Blogger dr. c said...

Hey, Mister! You like Cracker, too? You present a kind of enigma. Me too. I'm really bohemian and I don't think God claims me.

Have you ever been to Harlan Co. KY? "You don't mess with 'um down there"!

I'll check you out again soon!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, I dig Cracker, been to several of their shows. It's a ball. I'm not bohemian though, I get a kick out of them. No, I ain't been to Harlan.
Thanks, "dance around the campfire, hang around awhile".

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL,,,A CHALANGE FOR YOUR FRIEND? REALLY? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WITH ALL THE INTELIGENCE HE HAS,,APPERENTLY ENOUGH TO DOWN A WHOLE DENOMINATION OF THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY, THAT I WOULD SEEM LIKE A FLY TO HIM...BUT THERE IS A CHALANGE FOR YOUR FRIEND...OH, NOT FROM A SIMPLETON SUCH AS MYSELF. BUT FROM ONE PERHAPS JUST A LITTLE SMART THAN YOUR FRIEND, AND MAYBE JUST A LITTLE GREATER THAN A RANGER...IT IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE OLDEST RECORED CHALANGES...I IMAGINE YOUR FRIEND IS GOING CRAZY NOW...BUT IF HE CAN MEET THE MEASURE OF THIS SIMPLE CHALANGE THAN HE CAN COME ON HERE AND TEAR DOWN EVERY CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY THAT IS IN EXSISTANCE, AND I WON'T HECKEL HIM IN THE LEAST..NEVER AGAIN..THE CHALANGE COMES FROM THE BOOK OF JOHN, CHAPTER 8, VERSE 7...JUST A HINT..THE LINE HAS BEEN DRAWN IN THE SAND...I GET THE FEELING I AM GOING TO GET TO CONFRONT YOUR FRIEND QUITE A BIT...LOL

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I went back and looked at the picture of Squeaky . . . he looks a little bored by it all . . . but, nothing a bear wouldn't help. Don't he look good . . . a black Plott and all. I looked at the date of that posting and I believe it was October 3, and there were how many days until bear season? Does it begin on October 15? At any rate, it will be exciting to get postings on Squeakey's progress. The last time I had a dog I had two of them . . . Boykin spaniels. They were awful . . . they went to bed happy and woke up happy and stayed happy all day . . . couldn't stand it (this is a funny Ha! Ha!) They were beautiful bownish red or reddish brown depending on how you thought about them. I might get another one day. Take care of them dogs Bill

6:44 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, black/white, he's a big boy,he can clarify for himself.

Nah, Bill, he got excited right after that. We'll be OK this year, if it rains we'll be better.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home