Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bear Dogs



That's Squeaky the Plott (Wildfork streak) being rigged on Labor day weekend, in a half hours time he winded a bear. Sally was in the box and she caught on quick.

That's Star, my little Kemmer Cur Pup, trying a tracking collar on for size, you've got to start them young. She's a little Houdini. She got out of the out building twice, found her sleeping with both squeaky and Bosco (mixed bread yard guard barking machine)

Alright, I'm tired of this! Look at those words up there only remotely relevant to this Blog. When I did the "It's Nice To Be Normal" post, it came out with "Drunken Friendship Quotes" and Love stuff...Stuff people would click on besides that ASU BS. That lasted a few hours and back to the nonsense...Speaking of...If your looking for information on Ranger Daniel Wilson HHC 3rd Bn 75th Rangers (3/75) or Ranger Chris Estes HHC and Bravo Co 3rd Bn 75th Rangers, 87 to 89 we can be found here. Speaking of Bravo company, it's the 3rd October, anniversary of Bahkran Market Mogidushu Somalia, AKA Black Hawk Down.

It's twelve days to Bear season, and we're going to hunt in a Big Country...Great song, goofy video...But, I like it...And I'm Scotish.


Her's the lyrics, see made it easy for you.

I've never seen you look like this without a reason,
Another promise fallen through, another season passes by you.
I never took the smile away from anybody's face,
And that's a desperate way to look for someone who is still a child.

CHORUS:
And in a big country, dreams stay with you,
Like a lover's voice, far as the mountainside..
Stay alive..

(I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered
But you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered)


I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert,
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime..

CHORUS [x2]

So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you.
Because it's happened doesn't mean you've been discarded.
Pull up your head off the floor, come up screaming.
Cry out for everything you ever might have wanted.
I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered
But you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert,
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime..

CHORUS [x3]

Easy Post, good night.
The Appalachianist

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are awful good pics.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Unfortunatly you caught me drafting the post...
before anyone asks, that's my little cousin in the back ground.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hummm, just a comment on twisters great ramblings of the catholic religion..is'nt blaming a religion,,(MAN'S PERCEPTION,AND EXECUTION THERE OF),,just ever so slightly like blaming the gun for murder..? if i also remember correctly our own millitary has been accused of some pretty bad stuff, just as law inforcement..etc..does that mean that all catholics,all hard working millitary and law enforcement officers should just give up what they believe in?..no, lets put the blame where it belongs...in the laps of a select few, who take advantage of what these positions give them...that is right. in the lap of man...i am not catholic, but i believe God's word is perfect. and i believe any religion that promotes that is worth exsisting...even the decipals had to be corrected for sending away whores and the blind.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well put "Black/white". Simply wolves hide in sheeps clothing, but not all sheeps are wolves in sheeps clothing.

Yes, the US Military has done some things it should not have, one, under gen McCarthur during the depression broke a camp of WWI veterens up in Washington DC only trying to get what had been promised to them. It looked like the Sand Creek Massacre.

Yep, mans perception...

6:42 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I will say this, it is a shame when an orginization collectively covers something...And all mentioned have.

As the mentioned Military channel, mostly what I have saw is a selling of over rated technology to the American Tax Payer. Had to throw that in there.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

It occurs to me that he bear dogs are also bare dogs.

No, not really relavant, but I got nothin'for Catholicism, so bare dogs it is.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yes, Ed, they are bare...Sweaters are unbecoming of bear Dogs. Looks all sissy. Bears will think they can jump 'em or sumfin.

yeah, a previous note on the possible Jewish heritage of Mulungeons has turned into the short comings of the Catholic Church. Twister, the boy can't help but to get on his soap box.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still laughing at the appalachianist talkin' about not puting a sweater of something on his "bare" bear dog 'cause the bear minght think his dog is a sissy or somethin'. Well, go ahead and put a pink sweater on 'em. It'll toughen 'em up . . . fast. In fact, I have a pink t-shirt that has "Tough enough to wear Pink" in black on the front of it . . . don't wear it much though . . . 'cept when I'm huntin' bears. (no comments please) On a more serious note, the wife of a friend of mine gave me a scapula . . . a Catholic prayer device for the sick when I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. I have worn it for three years . . . the only time I get upset about religion is when I am pushed about it. I figure for the most part I am not in charge. I can't save you . . . that is between you and God . . . but I was raised to believe in Jesus Christ and I do . . . I am just not the best of Christians . . . but . . . anyway those are some fine looking dogs. I was happy to see everyone at the Golden Corral . . . and like the good song said . . . "stay alive." Yeah, and "I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime." Yeah, and you can bear hunt in the fall in Heaven . . . er, Appalachia. Take care. It was good to see you looking so well. Bill Sipes

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for me, none of this was about being catholic. it was about about telling someone, anyone, Gods not big enough to bring you out of something (hitler youth)...really the first thing that came to mind is all the youth now trapped in gangs...either due to ego or ignorance...if God has never reached down and pulled you out of something, used you as an example, and placed you on higher ground (not a soap box)...then how do know you have ever even been moved? who better to see the light than one who has only known darkness?...and that don't have a denomination...by the way very cute pup!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

"Gods not big enough to bring you out of something (hitler youth)"...I think I know what your trying to say. But maybe you typed something different?
I once worked for someone wo was hitler Youth, he wasn't a Nazi, he was a kid that was told to do something. And, I don't judge him for it.
Now for Twister, yeah, he is contrary, but not for us to lose focus, he was talking about the actions of the Catholic Church. Now Mulungeons came/formed here well before all of that. They leased from the Cherokee. So, how some of it was relevant?
He probably danced around his place naked...Amish Beard and all...let's not picture that...that someone chalenged (kinda) him.

Sorry, Bill, Ladies first.
I enjoyed it too. Did you hear the noises of something hitting the wall? To me they sounded like mortars in the distance, for a second I was cocking my ear. No one noticed.

Bill, I'm with you, "I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime" too.
Missed my post tis morning...Video Friday coming soon!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "Star" is a sweetie!! Looks and intelligence, sounds like a winner. Those jowls on Squeaky...Cute!! Now get a recent Bosco picture, and I can fully coo and gush over those puppies of yours!

Ouch, on that fist punch!

hugs~janie

10:25 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Janie, Bosco is camera shy. She acts like it will steal her soul or something. She's a fickle hound.

Fist Punch?

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IN the video...that gal gets the guy good! ( : Not that I'm into that kind of thing...

You have said it before Bosco is shy...Catch her on the sly!!

hugs~

11:15 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

janie, could they have squeased one more hobby into that video?

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home