Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, December 28, 2007

A New Year

I intend to make this the last post for 2007. Folks ain't been crazy about this year. Being I started it off in Iraq, quickly followed by a 107mm Rocket slamming into the FOB, it's been eight hours longer for me. 2006 was eight hours shorter. It evens out. When I was a kid I'd feel a little moment of sadness when the year passed. Not anymore. I look forward. It's not the marking of time, it's a new beginning.

"We're all living proof nothing lasts"...Son Volt, Route


Route Lyrics

I feel that sums it up.

Son Volt, Chicamauga


Oh, the new pup, she's called "Wiggly" because she wiggles so much. She's done tree'd the cat.

I'll see you sometimes next year, until then...Happy New Years!
The Appalachianist

7 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

When she trees a hog, change her name to Piggly Wiggly.

9:49 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

AHHAHAHA! Very funny.

Ya'll have a great New Year, yep, it's something to look forward to. All good things to each and every one.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same to ya' and have a great 2008!

Good band, BTW.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks you'll. I done wished yun's a Happy New Year, but, let me do it again.

6:35 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Happy New Year and congratulations on the bear!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have a wonderful 2008!
~xo
Lee Ann

11:14 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Hey, thanks Sage. Happy New Years.

Happy new Years, Lee Ann, a good 08 to you too.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home