Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Star Spangled Plott Hounds

I’m so short if I jumped off a step ladder I better have a chute. I’ve even got big plans…Drive myself over to Franklin and look at a pair of Plott Hounds. One of them has got a good reputation; his mama is a legend of sorts. She wound up taking after a Bear alone and got mangled to death. I had sent a shout out for a pair over a month back to Twister and the Jolly Red Head Giant, which I ain’t heard back from JRHG since. No less, Twister knows a fellar…That I’ve heard good things about…That has two he wanted to sell. Apparently he's holding onto them and has offered to find one of them's pups that was sold a while back. Say's it's hot. Well, I ain't bought the two yet and I don't intend to become dog poor.

In the meantime Twister has been working over my way(no, not Taji but Trashylvania) and asked if he could use my place a few days a week to ease the drive…What are Ranger Buddies for? I’ve had the run of his place while he has been out skirt chasing. Well, this started back in March and he just moved in, well, he didn’t move in, but you know what I'm saying...your smart...even if you bought your brother in laws lemon mini van or had a bad experience with a ball gag...Of course I messed up my mothers phone number. No, this doesn't make me a bad son, it's a 883 to 884 thing. I don't do number quotes to well sometimes. I'm imperfect. OK, back to Twister using house of Rockabilly Hill Billy Nerd. It sure took him a while to get around to it. The good thing about this is there will be a hot water heater full of hot water waiting on me. I'm going to sit my naked hairy butt down in my tub, look up at my sky light and think to myself...Something. There that is two big plans. Dabgummit I'm on a roll!

Oh, my Step Son got married. I got a wedding picture of them on the banks of Little River. That makes me feel odd...It was all smiles, wish I could have seen them.

The weather is turning hot and the air is dry. It's been running about 106-108 or so. The Iraqis are taking off from 1130-1530 during the day. That's their summer schedule. My trucks air condition belt sounds like a whipped dog on meth. Weapons get real dusty here, I'm having to wipe mine down about every other day.

Darn if I didn't get tagged by Lee Ann for seven embarrassing habits and seven songs...What kind of a meme is that? I'm being a sport here...Bahumbug.

1. I belch
2. I pick my nose
3. I scratch my ass in public
4. I curse
5. I spit
6. I pick my teeth with my fingers
7. I start allot of sentences with "I", I'm a chronic action sentence writer

There, can't go wrong with those habits...

Songs...
1. Marry Me by The Drive By Truckers ("Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say")
2. Number of the Beast by Southern Bitch ("You wonder why kids are fucked up today")
3. The Trooper by Iron Maiden ("You better stand theres no turning back")
4. The Buford Stick by The Drive By Truckers ("Watch out for Buford")
5. Zip City by The Drive By Truckers ("350 heads on a 305 engine")
6. Sink Hole by The Drive By Truckers ("Five generations of an unlocked door and a loaded burgler alarm")
7. I'm on a Roll by Southern Bitch ("I fallen off the horse but I got back in the saddle")
Bonus: One by Creed ("The only way is one")

Where they supposed to be favorites...I just like em...

And I'm really trying to think of some Jason and The Scorchers...

Viva la Appalachia
The Appalachianist...

11 Comments:

Blogger OutOfContext said...

4 Truckers' songs without "Gravity's Gone"? "Been falling so long, feels like gravity's gone and I'm just floating." That's some writing.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of dogs - How's Bosco doing?

8:07 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Outofcontext, it seriously almost went on there. There's just too many. There is no beginning no ending, no best, just unique.

Gunner, I've not heard one tail of Bosco. She's not going to have much to do with me when I get home. The battle of the long long ballad of the black coated dog...I named that one cause I had listened to it earlier, it's on my desk top, I figured everyone would everyone would get a kick out of that name.
It's a unique sounding song, so as to one of my buddies heard it and asked if it was two songs at once.

You'll noticed I messd up the Creed lyrics? should read "The only way is one". Better edit that for some one get's all corrective on me.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Outofcontext, I brought in A Blessing and A Curse to hear it what little I get to spend in this office today.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I didn't think this entry could have gotten worse after imagining that hairy butt of yours but Creed?!?

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is anybody gonna recognize you at the airport? You gonna have to have a dog that knows ya to smell you out. Let's see you is a nose pickin, belchin', scratchin', cussin', teeth scuchin', no teeth pickin', son of a gun sort of a near person with sand fleas. Man, I don't know if the mountains can stand to have you back. Have you thought of doin' a Geico commercial? Atlanta's got one of them moving sidewalks for one of them Geico commercials. They can stomp on the sand fleas as they jump ship. The fleas will be singin' and yellin', "She'll be comin' roound the mountain when she comes . . . ." Anyway, ain't I stupid . . . short timer. CYA always. Bill Sipes

7:09 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

It's "My Own Prison" Murf.

Bill, If I have to walk home I will.

10:25 PM  
Blogger exMI said...

I notice a trend in those song choices. Guess I should check this band out.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You know me former S2, always turning people onto hip music...

4:13 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I haven't heard Iron Maiden in years... BTW, I'm heading to your neck of the woods (NC mts) for a week next month!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Sage, I hope to be too!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home