Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I haven't gone any where...

I don't feel like writing. That's not to say the reason I haven't posted. I've had limited Internet access the last week. Only enough to read some e-mails. Mostly corresponding with my Counterpart in Iraq.


My Brother mailed me the new Drive By Truckers CD, "A Blessing And A Curse". Its great. I highly suggest it.

It's starting to rain now. The Weather has turned warm, but, on the 21'st there was frost. Frost in the Hand to Hand Pit...Nothing like frozen Saw Dust. Actually more like Saw Cycles. It's the jagged kind. But, back to the weather. It's hot in Iraq. Soon it will reach up to 120 degree's Fahrenheit. It takes two weeks to climatize to place. It's going to be a jump, that's for sure.

I finally bought a new digital camera. I'll start taking some pics. Also, my Commander doesn't have a problem with my blog here. So, all is good now.

"I've been falling for so long i's like gravities gone and I'm just floating
"
The Appalachianist

12 Comments:

Blogger Harold/AQ said...

I know it sucks to be floating in limbo like that. The good news is that so long as you're here you aren't There. The bad news is that you can't go move on until you're through There.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, go ahead, brake down and do it. You'll fill better.

AQ. You are so very right. Thanks for stopping by you'l. I know I ain't posted the most. It's good to see folks look in onme.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Frost the week before Memorial Day weekend ~ Yep, you're in the upper Midwest fur sure! I'd tell you my story about fishing in Lake Superior off Marquette, Michigan one Memorial Day weekend and coming back in to the harbor we had to idle back in and push ice out of the way, but I'll save it for some other time.

Good to see you're still posting, AI.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am gonna get this DBT CD... went and read the lyics and liked what I saw.

Say "thank you" very much to Twister.. ( :

You take care...of those Midwest gals!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

AGT, I wouldn't doubt the ice. It's done turned hot. Back home it's 74 degrees, it's in the 80's here.

Janie. Thanks. You will like the truckers. What did Twister do? I'm sure he is obliged. I've only left him messages. I ain't talked to the boy since I left.

Mid West gals...I like em.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a post and Twister left a post on your May 4th blog.

No denying...You like ALL kinds of Gals!

9:30 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Happy Memorial Day AI! We've had crazy weather in these parts, haven't week. It was freezing last week and 90+ yesterday

11:20 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

True, Janie,I didn't know Twister had said anything. Thanks. you commentt was a funny one.

Murf, whatever:)

Sage, your not kidding. It hit around 95 today. I really don't know. It will be back in the 70's tommorow. We don't have AC in the barracks. Makes sleeping a little uncomfortable. But, I've tolerated it well enough.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I am glad you stopped over to see me. I have thought about you. I am glad to see you are doing good.
I don't know how you can tolerate this heat! It is 95* and I have airconditioning....it is barely tolerable to me.
Stay safe sweetie!
I heart you! ;)

8:58 PM  
Blogger The Lily said...

I found you through LeeAnn. My little bro is at ASU currently, there is no finer place than the NC Appalachians.

Rock on, Soldier.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Annalis said...

Hi, Appalachianist. So nice to hear from you. Sounds like you are doing well. Take care & stop by again soon.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Lee Ann,Your'e sweet. I've been frequenting b'ham for about 25 years, I couldn't live there without AC. You might find it funny, but, I don't have AC in my house back home in NC. In the Mountains you don't need it as much.

Clairbelle, very nice legs. I'm honored to see them. I certainly think it's true about my Appalachia. Thanks for dropping in and do any time.

Annalis, I suppose I am fine. I'll check in on you from time to time.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home