Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Just A Note

I'm not gone yet. I still have a lot to do around here. I've about gotten it wrapped up though. It's been a busy week for my last one off. I've not enjoyed it too much at all. This time next week I won't be here and this place will just be standing. It's time to get busy, I plan on having everything done today.

The Appalachianist

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If at all possible hope you have some time to just sit with your dog...walk your woods....look and reflect on your mountains before the leaving.

*hugs*

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

I think the last week or two before deploying was actually harder than the being gone. When you're gone you miss folks. Getting ready to leave you're kinda mixed all up in the "proud of you/sad for you/scared of what could happen" emotion and you tend to just stand there a lot, thinking there is something profound to say or super important to do, but there really isn't. Saying goodbye, and it's pea soup of emotions, was always hardest on me. That's why I always made them drop me off at the airport curb instead of going in and I never looked over my shoulder as I left. Not because I was a real strong man. Just the opposite. God speed, AI.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Dittoes on the Godspeed and you will definitely be in our daily prayers.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I'm talking about that in the next post, Murf.

I actually may get a quick Turkey Hunt in, Janie.

Exactly, Ed. It was so much easier when I was on Active Duty. We just made our plans, packed our bags and went. Not wanting to hurt anyones feelings, but, that's exactly how I feel. I've enjoyed all of the support, but, it's been pea soup.

Thanks Gunner.

1:00 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Turkey hunting eh? Don't call yourself a bobcat! Enjoy this last week.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks Sage, No, I can't call myself a Bobcat. Last night we had quite a fun experience with some Barred Owls. This is not the last week, it's the last weekend.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home