Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Hey Youl

Due to some kindness I'm able to borrow some Air time. I'm using someones air card and I'm contemplating buying one myself. I quickly want to say that, fortunately, things are going well. Everywhere there are familiar faces that I've known, trained, and worked for through out my nearly 17 yeas in the 108th Division. Heck, it's like a reunion. The weather isn't bad and the country side is real pretty. All of the civilian staff here at Ft. McCoy are real friendly and helpful, too.

Mainly we have being going through soldier readiness Processing, a hurry up and wait fest that contains legal, financial, record, dental and medical reviews. My left arm I a little sore from the shots.

While here t Ft. McCoy, I'm serving as a squad Leader. I have 7 heads including myself, all but one are NCO's and one is a Lieutenant Col. He mainly trains with us and doesn't fall in with the sqd at Formations. In other words, he takes care of himself, and he should. Being a Sqd Ldr I get to sleep in a two man room. It's modest though. I still sleep easier.

Folks, I know this is breif and rambling, but, some one needs to do it besides Travleing Ed. I just wanted to throw in a few lines. Soon, I will be able to visit a few and post a little more...maybe....

The Appalachianist, spreading Appalachiaism through cyber technology...

9 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Cool, good to hear from you and to hear those folks up there are treating you good.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I am so glad things are going well.
I am glad you stopped over to see me. I am sorry about the picture, I don't want to make things any harder for you.
Please stop in the Castle anytime you can, hopefully it will help in bringing a little of "home" to you.
Take care of yourself.
~ hugs

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great on the deal with a 2-man room. Rest is important! Now dont' get spoiled... come the next sleeping arrangement it could be 50+ to a tent!! ( : Though some how I don't see you getting spoiled.

Mid to late Spring in the Midwest is very pretty...But for me, no thankyou to the summers and winters! I haven't looked back since I left.

Glad things are going well.

10:58 AM  
Blogger DEANBERRY said...

BE A MAN AND LEAVE THIS POST INTACT.

JESUS CHRIST HAS REMOVED HIS BLESSING FROM AMERICA BECAUSE OF YOU AMERINAZIS. YOU CAN’T MURDER PEOPLE TO STEAL THEIR OIL, THEN LIE ABOUT IT! DON’T YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING TO HELL FOR THAT?

http://www.deanberryministries.org/index3.html

4:30 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well, Deanberry threw you a challenge there.

Love Shannon's avatar...drool.

Might be letting you down on the posting some. All my schoolwork is kicking my arse. Or would be, if I were British.

Not sure where you are in WI, but I used to spend some time up there and it was beautiful. More importantly, aside from the almost cartoonish accent, they were quite friendly and accommodating folks. You could be in worse places.

Got your back. Let me know when you need something. (5 letters. My kindness must be softening you up!)

8:18 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Glad to see that things are going well in WI, Squadleader!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf...Detroit Airport is kind of funky. I kow you don't have anything to do with that, but, I was in your town breifly.

Shannon, Lee Ann, no apologies, Ladies. None needed.

Gunner, some of the Instructors here are retred military. They are sharp and care. So far. All of the Ladies at the Offices when we processed in were sweet hearts. They don't treat us like Sausuge getting spit out of the machine like most Military training.

Janie, I take nothing for granted. I like my sleep, but, I know I may not get to have it too aften...depends. The weather isn't all too bad right now. It frosted on the tops of the barracks last night. It has rained a little.

Dean, I'm going to leave that post alone. I really have nothing to say to that.

Ed, gracious thanks. I understand about the time thing. it looks like I may get to read short posts every other day of some one...

Oh, a belated 4/19 you'l
And I now have one more Sqaud member and expect another...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, not forgetting you, Sage. Thanks.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

It was northwest and 1979 describes it well. It felt very Discoie. Kind of gave me the creeps. I wasn't there long though.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home