Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Am Here

I'm slow on posts. Don't post for the sake of posting, bad karma, causes flue like symptoms. I actually began a post Easter Weekend, and, didn't quite get it finished. I've got a picture or two to upload. I've managed to keep busy when something or someone wasn't busying me. I'm on the verge of finishing a book I'm really enjoying, I've had allot of distractions Military wise, and a few in more personal matters. I'll get the post finished (no politics in it)and get about being about soon.

So, if your a fan of Johnny Cash and or The Sex Pistols, this video is for you.


The Appalachianist

4 Comments:

Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Was just sitting down to post and I don't want to miss another chance. Life is kinda messy right now.

Pass along to Sage that I do indeed know Wrightsville Beach. Know it well. It was our beach.

Therefore, he probably knows where I grew up. If you know the place, I am easier to understand. I grew up in Riegelwood, NC. Swamps and pine trees.

6:40 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Gee, Rambling Ed, we use to hold our noses travelling through Riegelwood! I'm very familar with the place--just last week I was on highway 87 through there--the traveling from Pinehurst (when I was born and no I don't play golf) to wilmington where I grew up.

AP, we could all do without a few distractions.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawdy, Lawdy . . . I can wait . . . a little longer . . . what's up in the Appalachian spring . . . . Bill

3:22 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, it can't be as messy as a sloppy joe. Or BBQ...My house for that matter (nobody tell my Mama).

Sage read you.

Sage, you read Ed. I take it there is a papermill there.

Bill, been to Ft. J. A bit greener down there than here. Locust trees aren't blooming yet, but the Dog Woods are. In the AM is Dog Wood Winter.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home