Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Thought on the Tea Party

You know what turns me off about the Tea Party? Sarah Palin. Yeah, she's a nice lady, but she's got about as much substance as the current regime. Bob Barr and Rep. Ron Paul had more substance and was fundamentally different from the other politicians. They have balls. The real difference between Obama and McCain was health care. Forget the war. Foreign policy? LOL. Health care Reform? If you want to call it reform. (Did you get to read it before it was voted on late at night on weekends) And the Tea Party people quoting the Founding Fathers can only come up with Sarah Palin to headline events?



The Appalachianist

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear App, . . . er, . . . ahhh, the only difference between Sarah Palin and . . . is what . . . ? I am not much of a literary critic . . . but talk about mixed metaphors or what not . . . but I know what you mean . . . I think you are right (Sarah doesn't look like she would have any.). Personally, I'd settle for an FDR look alike. It didn't seem that the Obama crew wanted anyone to know what was being voted on for sure. Don't get too upset about it . . . wait until November. Take care. Bill

6:48 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Happy Spring :)!
xo
Lee Ann

10:59 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Lee Ann, Welcome back to Blogger Land. Happy Spring. From late fall to early spring I've seen snow 11 times this year. Up in these mountains, spring gets a little later start, but it's getting started. Good to see you!

Bill, you said it, mixed metaphors. She has no real message or true principle. Just a knee jerk reaction to liberals. Nice, maybe even sincere, but nothing real.
And, it won't surprise me if any of congress that voted for that bill knows what's in it. Other than those sweetheart deals.

So how did you'll like that video? That was a darn good parody if you ask me.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the Appalachianist? Spring has come to Appalachia, and it is just too pretty to write. I need to go to Cherokee and the Smokies soon. Bill

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home