Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Cracker Soul

It's a shame I'm going to miss these fellars at Bele Chere this year...And the Belly Dancers...Now, I'm not one to toot my horn, but, damnit, "I'm Feeling thankful for the small things today".

Cracker, Happy Birthday



The Appalachianist

6 Comments:

Blogger Perry Eury said...

Hey, happy birthday! You like the Drive-by Truckers, right? Give a listen to Booker T. Jones' new album - he's backed by the Truckers AND Neil Young. The CD is called "Potato Hole" though I don't know why. Weird name, but good music.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's somethin' wrong with my new computer . . . I can hear the whole dang song all the way through, and then I'm clappin my hands and stompin' my foot . . . er, feet and I dang near killed myself . . . got caught off guard. My son went off to Tennesee with my car to the Kangeroo event (Bonneroo?) and came home alive otherwise I'd had to kilt him for leaving my car on the road and they already havehd the film of it on TV. I was lookin' through the film at the crowd for him, but he said he wasn't standin' near the front (Does that mean he was passed out at the back?) There were too many guys in the stompin' around there for me, but the music sounded good. My car is now officially marked as a drug free car (zone). . . who would have guessed? Happy birthday to me! Bill

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

There you go. 2 of us now told you about the Potato Hole album. Coincidence? Probably not.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Great Thanks, Gulahayi. I am a big DBT fan and I've heard about it from different folks. I've not heard it though. We both know what a potato hole is, but, I'm not aware of the relation.
Patterson Hood is also on the new Cracker CD, doing backing vocals on "Friends".

Bill, I had lunch with Randy yesterday. So there is talk of a reunion? Sounds good to me.

I can't go to nothing like that. Too many people and too much I just don't care for. I've said it before, I never liked people all on top of me and big crowds. And, since Iraq more so. I don't know why. I can't pin it down to an instance. I'm getting a little easier with it though. I was dating a girl back in spring and we were out at a good Mexican joint (Papas and Beer)up in Asheville one night. Some college guys got behind me and were loud. It kind of freaked me out. But, once I stepped away and they went out the door, I was fine.

I know, Ed. I got the new Cracker yesterday, see comment above. This CD is another Kerosene Hat.

7:46 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Happy birthday to whoever (is it AP's birthday or Bill's or both?) Regardless, good music.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

That was mine, Sage. That was yesterday. Thanks! Yeah, I don't know who, but I bet someone read this and danced in their underwear.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home