Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

TheElapsed Time In Pictures



This is my humble garden on Saturday morning from two different views.It has rained so much lately I've not had a chance to cut the grass or weed eat. The place was looking shaggy.




Gilby Clarke..."Cure Me Or Kill Me...

But don't leave Me here for dead..."

The Appalachianist

4 Comments:

Anonymous sage said...

You need to spend some time with a hoe! After all drought, the deluge.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't pay any attention to what Sage said. You are too nice to do something like that; however you could plant a pumpkin in the middle of all that grass and . . . I must say at least you have a garden. I wish I could plant a corn patch that big myself, and your patch does get some sun . . . . Take care at Fort Knox. I think I went to visit some huge caves while I was there, but I missed the Coca Cola museum. It was to the west of Fort Knox, but I cannot remember the town either . . . not far away north of the river at Louisville is French Lick, Indiana, birthplace of Larry Bird. Bill

9:10 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

Wow. Must be nice to plant something like that without barricades to keep the urine from a male dog off of anything upright.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, that's because my male dogs are chained up next to it. If they ran loose...Well, with a Sow Bear and Cub wondering around here last week, it would have been a tare down.

I'm thinking about putting post in the ground to satisfy that instinct.
I've fiddled with a kennel design and that has occured to me...a pissing post.

sage, its a minimal maintenance garden. And, being that is it's first year, I've got all kinds of weeds. I had just planted my beens on my early corn and plucked some weeds up.

Bill, you'd have to bring in dirt and have a raised bed garden down there. Heck, you've got to plow the place with dynamite.
I might make my way to the caves when I get some time off. I have an affinity for caves. I don't kow much about the mission yet, but it looks like I will be babysitting ROTC.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home