Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This Is Neat...

Someone at my civillian job told me aboout this. This thing is a well thought out piece of machinery.


The Appalachianist

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That machine is incrediable . . . you could get through a Montana winter with that . . . went to breakfast with Randy (Yes, I know I owe you one.) and talked of the snow that has become mostly ice on the other side of the mountains past Waynesville . . . you could almost keep warm with that piece of equipment . . . can you imagine how much effort has been made to split firewood! It is hard work with an axe, and it can be dangerous. My father-in-law lost his oldest brother, Hunter Thackston, to a wayward flying up of a piece of wood that wounded him and caused a cancer that killed him. I have cut a few cords with an axe myself and have been lucky. Bill

7:12 PM  
Anonymous A.G.T. said...

Awesome. They only thing missing is a feature that stacks the splits into a neat pile.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous A.G.T. said...

Oh, forgot to tell you. I was talking to Pvt GunTrash on the phone and he's telling me about upcoming trip to Camp Atterbury for .50 cal tng and then after that some convoy training at Camp Grayling (?) in MI. I asked why all the training and was told, "We're deploying to Afghanistan in September. The 37th IBCT. Didn't I tell you? "

"NO! You didn't effing tell me! When did this all come about!?"

So, while I'm proud of him, it's one more worry now, also.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I have no comment. I'm just waiting for your next girl-friendly post. ;-)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, you don't like wood splitters?

Gunner, at least he knows. I got "Your going, but, maybe your not going, we don't know, but your going..."

7:40 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

AI, is this a trick question? ;-)

I will admit that it was funny that the video went on for a full 4 minutes of just wood splitting. I would have edited down to about a minute.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about that . . . I suspect it is difficult living with the not knowing. Bill

9:15 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, one minute just ain't as fun.

Bill, if a fellar did firewood for a living, he'd do well with that.

As for the deployment, it got down to a little over a month out and they said it was a done deal. Before that there had been allot of mixed signals. But, the date was the thing. We got a time frame.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home