Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some Time Off

You'll, I think I'm going to take a break from this thing for a while. I'm not having as much fun with it lately and I don't have that much to say at the time. I might take a week, two weeks or a month. I don't know. Don't be surprised when I post.

I'll check in. Comment what you like, I'll be around. Spring time is knocking on our door, enjoy it.
The Appalachianist

9 Comments:

Blogger 1776 said...

Hey App,
Everyone needs time off. I am gonna miss checking HillBilly Rave, I do so every morning. But you are absolutely right Spring has Sprung!
So go and do something you enjoy.
Please let us know if you go see DBT
at the end of the month.
Hugs and Cheers!
Mew

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I know what you mean, Dan. Sometimes it's a chore to think of something to post that you think someone else would want to read.

We'll see ya' when you get back.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks Mew, and Gunner. Blogging vacation...Yeah that's it.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you made a comment about the soldier I saw at the airport. It was something to the effect that he should enjoy all eight seconds of his leave . . . I have thought about your being home . . . there is a line in the movie "Where the Red Fern Grows" where the narrator (Kris Kristopherson . . . sp) before the family moves to the city says something to the effect that " we (he and the dogs) ran the hills drinking up the moonlight" . . . I think well of that line . . . run the hills Appalachia . . . you earned it. I have kinda worried about you . . . but keep your writing because what you write about is important . . . I have to re-address your Christmas card . . . and get you to the Pisgah Inn if not the Huddle House for the breakfast I owe you . . . I will check in too. Take care. Bill

7:35 PM  
Blogger sage said...

enjoy your time off and let us know when you're back!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

Booooo......hiss.....

7:35 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, it as better to say drinking up the moonlight than drinking up the moonshine, LOL. I'm alright. Give me a holler, we'll go.

Sage will do. I'm about to go read at your place...

Murf, thanks for the well wishes.

8:35 AM  
Blogger The British Bird. said...

I hear you. sometimes I make people laugh and if I can spread a bit of laughter as I trudge through life, great. Although if anyone is hanging onto my every word expecting a good laugh, they would be sorely disapointed of late.. Have a good time with your dogs and enjoy the coming spring. Im sure we will all be about when you decide to surface again!
*hugs
Bird.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks Bird. I'm not surfacing again, just coming up for air with the above post.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home