Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Adventures of Wiggly But Walker Dog with Funny Dreamss and Memories in the Land Of Sky

It’s over. Wiggly Butt Walker Dog’s free rein is over. She’s chained. I snapped her to that chain and she panicked. She pulled, hollered then twisted around before laying down on the ground depressed and whining. I told her it would get easier, it was a necessary evil. I walked off and she hollered. Eventually she settled down. Little does she know, she’s getting trained. This fall she rode in the box and would yelp and cry as we went off. She was familiar with the box, now she has to get used to the chain, the necessary evil. Now she has to get used to more control. She had began to roam around, dragging everything in the yard. A couple of weeks ago she brought in a fresh shed antler. Her nose stayed to the ground, she treed cats and she bawled at boogers in the night. Now she will get off of the chain to go on the lead. Come late summer she will run hard when the training season begins.

Wiggly is a quarter Plott. I hope she takes more of a Plott personality than a Walker’s. Walkers get crazy, Plotts are more cunning.

A Funny Dream
I’ve had some strange dreams, but I’ve never dreamed that I got married before. I’d always heard that it meant something to dream such a thing, but, I don’t know what. So I searched and this is the best I can find. It was a funny dream. I guess my masculine and feminine side are getting along.

Thanks goes to someone for showing me that site once that I had every intention of marrying and would have absolutely treated like a Queen and I will always Love very deeply.

Funny Little Memories
This morning I ate down at the diner, one of the girls down there’s son sat at the counter trying to see how long he could make a nickel spin before laying flat. The longest it would go was thirteen seconds. One night I jumped out of a C-130 at 800 feet and 13 seconds later was laying flat on my back on Fryer Drop Zone. 13 seconds. Probably would have took a little longer in the day light.

Land Of Sky
I went up to Asheville, AKA Ash Vegas, to a gun show this weekend. It had been going on for over an hour when I got there and there was a line backed around a corner. It stayed hat way for another hour. I ran into all kinds of folks, a couple I seen at the Down show I went to Monday night. Two boys from Haywood County I had Bear Hunted with, and a few Transylvanian faces. Everyone was at the gun show and we’re in a recession.

Gotta stay focused on The Righteous Path
The Appalachianist

16 Comments:

Blogger 1776 said...

UGH! A dog on a chain, can't stand it. couldn't ya have slowly introduced her to it? Have you talked to her and told her why you are doing this? It works ya know, dogs can read the pictures in your mind. They understand a hell of a lot more than people give them credit for. Will you walk her on a leash to give her a break from the chain? Dogs on a chain constantly leads to madness and broken souls.

The dream site is very interesting, I am a dreamer for sure, I will have to check it out further. I wonder how accurate it is.

What does fryer drop zone mean?

Your DBT will be in Richmond next month, if I get a wild hair I may have to drive down and check them out just because. They travel all over the place.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Mew, read what I said. And, yes, I will give her exercise. And she will get to run free a little.

Fryer Drop Zone is the main Drop Zone on Ft. Benning Ga. The majority of my jumps were onto it.

DBT is a heck of a show.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

All females react that way when first restrained but we all come around to enjoy it. ;-)

I've been to a Michigan gun show. I can't imagine what that people must look like a NC gun show. That's well worth the price of admission just to people watch.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about posting twice . . . my bad, but it is true mostly . . . a recession . . . a good reason to buy a gun . . . but I hope that is not the reason. Bill

6:05 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Murf, you said it, I'm not gong there.

I've been under the weather today (First since coming back home)I felt decent enough t put her on the lead for a minute. She didn't know what to think. Twice she tried to chew on the lead, where I gave her a good pat on the nose. Discourage her from being a chewer. Sally was a cheer, Jumper was a chewer.

Boy, you could have watched the people there.

Bill, it was either that or people are trying to get bargains before prices go up.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Checked out the DBT lyrics. I live in the dark these days with no radio and only reality shows on hotel room TVs as diversion, so your post was my cue to find a store that sells CDs and go buy it. I went to the discography to make sure it was a new album and not really old (ala Jimmy Buffett's BEFORE THE SALT album). While there, I noticed a link to the old boy giving song by song comments. That was pretty neat. Seems RIGHTEOUS PATH was a last minute add on.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, Brighter Than Creations Dark has been out a few weeks. The last I heard and you may have read it was #37 on the watchamacallit charts. I hate to admit it, but, it took me a few weeks to get it.

You can hear some of it on their MySpace page.
BTW what is the big deal about MySpace?

They did a song with Bettie Levett too.

I've seen lightening a dozen times this morning. Four times in the time it took me to get down the drive way.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thunder came with the noontime storm that went through this area. My daughter remarked about it as we went to lunch. I guess it is time to get out the Wizard of Oz and watch for the tornado with Dorothy aka my granddaughter Andi . . . it is almost spring again . . . it rained on and off all day and I did what retired people do . . . . zzzzzz . . . I will try not to post twice . . . went to the airport to get a friend retuning from Atlanta a 9:00 PM last night and noticed a soldier in BDU's coming from the plane. My friend said the stewardess said he was retuning from Bagdag . . . people on the plane gave him and ovation. I guess it goes without saying I hope he stays safe . . . . I ain't smart enough to interpret dreams, but I can puzzle over them. I realized I haven't had one in a while and that puzzles me. Bill

4:48 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, the sky is in turmoil here with the wind now. It blew Wiggly's Dog House over, I had to throw a log in it to keep it down.

I didn't like the ovation stuff. I didn't mind questions, I didn't mind the stares, but the clapping stuff was weird.

I hope the boy enjoys all twenty minutes of his leave.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Well, I'm faster than you inasmuch as I bought it (and the movie Beowolf) the day after I learned of its existence. Yes, I am now a proud owner.

I am not faster than you inasmuch as my bedoin troglydite lifestyle kept me from learning of its existence for quite some time.

I kinda expect you to heads up me on these things, you know.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Ed, I apologies in my failure to aid you by informing you of matters regarding "these things" that you have been denied knowledge of due to your bedion troglodyte lifestyle.

I've not even gotten a new Wicked Weasel calendar, I still have Ms December on the wall. She's nice to look at...I never payed attention to the date.

Am I becoming a pinhead heathen devoid of all bohemianism? Surely not. Must be a slump.

I bought and read a book on Plott Hounds, I ain't done a review yet...Help me I'm turning heathen!

9:02 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

my space is stupid.

hope you are feeling better, flu has been ramped here.

Being clapped at is better than being spit at. I'll take the progress.

Heathens are good.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Some heathens are good. Most are just heathenistic. I run into a lot of them and get along fairly well. But a lot more times I just want to knock their sunglasses off of their large, misshapen heads. I mean, not that I'm copping an attitude or anything.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks, Mew, I'm alot better. It was a 24 hour bug.

Your right, clapping is better than spitting. Especially with the threat of infectious diseases.

Ed, It's OK man...They don't mean no harm...

7:44 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Dogs and dreams, nickels and jumps. If I jumped out of a plane, I'd want to take my time, enjoying the glide down to ground, but suppose I would think otherwise if there were folks shooting at me... You know, I've never been to a gun show, but enjoy stopping by one of my local gun shops and looking around--to live in a small town, here are two good outdoor sporting stores, one of which has an extensive collection of used and new guns.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Sage, if you ever get a chance you should hit a gun show. You have old, new, knives, you name it. Heck I saw Ladies jewlry for sale. It's an interesting affair.

As a note, actual combat jumps are at 500 feet.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home