Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Protest Songs

I just heard this song on WNCW on my way to work this morning. I'd not heard of this fellar, Joe Ely, until then. "Me and Billy the Kid".


Now this here is a protest song, with some fowl language. Twister turned me on to it.Time Wilson, "I could be wrong".


Which, this reminds me of one of the same nature from Tom Petty, "Jammin' Me".


Feed back time...
The, yes THE Appalachianist

11 Comments:

Blogger 1776 said...

I thought Fridays were video day, today is Thursday and I had to stop and think what day it was! LOL!

I love the Tim Wilson video, just too funny!

I had forgotten Tom Petty, used to love his music, flashback for me.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I'll be off to the Army Reserves tomorrow. Gotta jump on it.

So what did you think of joe Ely, Mew?

12:53 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Tim Wilson's language may not be prime-time, but I laughed my ass off... I also liked the first video--Tom Petty is the only one I'd heard off.

10:01 AM  
Blogger 1776 said...

I liked Joe Ely, didn't like the part about killing the chiwawa(sp), music was good though. He reminds me sorta of Rodney Crowell.

Find me another song by him that doesn't talk about killing dogs.

Have a good weekend Soldiering App.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim Wilson's video was great, but I could be ******* wrong! I laughed and laughed and I needed the laughter. I will be so happy when all the politicians running for President leave town after the final South Carolina primary. I kind of feel like Tim Wilson about 'em, but I could be wrong. Have a good drill . . . and a safe drive home before it snows or in the snow if it comes to that.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

Joe Ely has been around forever. He was at his most famous when he recorded "Musta Notta Gotta Lotta". I tried to post on him before, but could not find the songs I wanted on YouTube.

The last one of his I bought was "Letter to Laredo".

Funny you posted on him because I was just looking up all my old favorite obscure singer/songwriters and wound up with a Before & After Tony Joe White combo.

Plus some crappy 80's stuff that I love. I did pull up short of searching for "99 Luftballoons". HaHaHa.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you'll liked these.

Now on the dog issue, Billy shot the girls dog and he was pissed about it. If I was sweet on a girl and someone shot her dg, I'd be pissed too.

Bill, I had to go to Jackson to a range. It was plain cold Friday don there, but when I left here about 4, it was 7.

Ed, it seems I'd heard him before thinking about it.

I liked the 99luftabaloons girl.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my President is giving his last State of the Union Address. He ain't talkin' like a "lame duck" President. Well, I could be wrong. Talked to Randy at length and was going to call SM Sueberling but forgot the speech came on tonight. Tell me when you expect snow if you can. I would like to try and go see some before winter is over.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Is that Huey Lewis on the piano for Jammin' Me? If not, it sure could be his twin.

3:55 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

It's Friday App and no video.
You doing all right?
How was your Soldiering weekend?

10:56 AM  
Blogger  said...

Now HERE's a protest song and it's from Appalachian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LubuSAgB5s

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home