Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Drama Zombies

It's been a while since I sat to write on a Sunday Night. We had snow twice this week. It slowed everything down, but was pretty to look at. It was just cold this morning, 5.

I'm too numb to be disgusted, disappointed would be a better word. Hillary Clinton and John McCain? Are people naive or are they glutton for punishment? Punishment? What have we done, but to be gullible enough to listen to spin? John McCain's "Campaign Reform" is an attack on free speech. To the point of regulating what people say about candidates on blogs like this. Hillary? Remember her with the FBI Files? Can you imagine her with the nonPatriot Act? They tell us hope, but only offer us the same thing that digs us into a hole, a broken police state where Freedom is lip service...Blathering. "It's all designed to keep us behind...We're trading freedoms for the mark of the beast".

I don't like politics, but when they threaten your beliefs, your way of life, you have to do something. It's not as if we have allot of choice here. Personally, since the Libertarian Party is being suppressed in the state of North Carolina (Another growing police state)I'm supporting a Republican Candidate, Ron Paul.

We throw off on politicians like someone complains about a person they can disassociate with but won't. People keep voting for the same wolves in sheep's clothing.
America, Drama Zombies...
The Appalachianist

15 Comments:

Blogger Murf said...

A friend says that we need to get rid of the older generation and once we do, only then can change actually happen. He may have a point.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

He may have a point, Murf. But then on the other hand, what says the younger generations will not follow. Just a thought.

10:06 AM  
Blogger sage said...

If you're a libertarian, Ron Paul seems to be a good choice...

Murf, I get real nervous when a 30something starts talking about getting rid of the older generation--remember that back in the 60s, the problem was through to be with those 30 and over!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yes, he is, Sage. Not perfect, but, well, opinions.

Is that get rid of the older politico leadership or the voters?

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Ron Paul has more delegates than Rudy Guliani to this point.

But the Florida primaries are approaching, and as you know, we have imported quite a large number of New York's worst drivers down here. My fear is that they'll vote for "one of their own".

R'Ed

12:15 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Yes he does, EWd, and, he is also outdoing Thompson (No offense Gunner)with much less media coverage. I'm not sure what that means, but really a protest vote.

You have allot of retired folk...Mediscare vote.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful there, murf, that older thing sneaks up on you before you realize it's happening. :-)

Ah, no problem, Dan, I think Fred muffed it from the git-go . Maybe just a little too laid-back for some folks to appreciate. But no matter how he does, I've always been a part of the ABMH crowd.

Anyone But McCain or Huckabee

8:11 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Fred is laid back, and I think we could use that right now. The best leaders are laid back, I've learned that.

Looks like we're going to get McCain or Huckabee on the Republican side.

Both as a Citizen and an Iraq Vet, Hillary scares the hell out of me.

It's funny, they are trying to work for us, the people, lie on their application and treat us as subjects once they're in.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I will say that in the talk about economic stimulus there has been talk of giving a rebate to the public and telling them to spend the money on made-in-America products. Do we still do that . . . have made-in-America products . . . at Wally World? All these folks running for President and us too are going to have to come to grips with some unpleasant things going on in the world or our part of it, and it is not going to be nice. I wish Fred Thompson had been ten years younger and healthy, and the same goes for McCain. I still don't know who I am going to vote for. At this point, it is more who I am going to vote against. At the end, you pray and hold your nose and vote. I bet the snow was beautiful but cold.

4:27 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

I don't think that was an ssue with Thompson. he was too little too late.


Bill, it's darn near impossible to find something you need made in America. But, we can come to grips, those people won't. Hubris gets in the way.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Kershaw to Lancaster to Chester and on to small towns leading to Union the textile mills are going or gone already to be replaced by drugs and unemployment and handouts. It is terrible, and that was my point. Some of these people need get with it. Ignoring the situation or painting a pie-in-the-sky storybook ending won't get it. I championed cleaning up the Pigeon River at Canton, but not to the extent that all the jobs in the paper mill would be lost. People need work. Life without it is devoid of many positive things not the least of which is self-respect. I don't mind compromise, but let us get started. By the way, the manufacture of the (I am not sure of the acronym.) mine resisting vehicles was slowed by the fact so many of the many parts had to be brought from so many sources or countries (read the Army Times). It took nigh on six years to get something commonsense might have told you was needed going into Iraq (I am not being critical of anyone . . . but if someone tells you that an Abrams 1A tank is needed, they needed it the day before yesterday.) Sorry, I try not to go off. I usually step back and listen and read others. I just want us to succeed and get back to just work and peace and working to solve our own problems trying to balance our growth against saving and maintaining a heritage and people I think the world of and to be more truthful than not, I do not have a clue as to what is really going on, but then I don't think too many people do. Reading the Appalachian Patria makes more sense than many things I might read. Take care . . . and the mountains . . . take care of the mountains.

1:20 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

Whoa, politics on Hillbilly Rave?I come here to get a reprieve from all that crap, and crap it is. But I will put my 2 cent in, hehee.

Yep, Hilary is one scary woman, and the repubs, well just don't have anyone I really, really like. I wish Newt would come in and swoop up the whole thing. If I had the cash I would give it to him to run.

As far as the age thing, I agree. An age limit needs to be put on these politicians. Byrd is ancient, Thurman should never have said in, like it was some honor to be 1,000 years old and still in office. I want time limits put on their terms so we don't have to stay stuck w/the likes of Ted Kennedy for a life time. I think they should serve two terms, have to step down and if they want to run again after sitting one election out then they can run again, if they truly were worth a dern they will be re-elected.

And yes, the new generation scares me too!

12:13 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

How do you get your post back to correct typos? I meant have stayed in, not said in.

Twice today my post was sent before I clicked send, what is up w/that App?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, well said.

Mew, I can agree. The typos, well, you can't fix a comment.

2:59 PM  
Blogger The British Bird. said...

Im as disgusted with the whole political dog and pony show as you guys seem to be and unfortunately my blog post, or one of them at least reflects that disgust.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home