Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jaded Tid Bits

I stood out in the yard and watched the eclipse with the dogs last night. Wiggly Butt Walker Dog is getting lanky.

Once in a while I will read my horoscope at Free Will Astrology. It's informative and makes me chuckle. I don't know if he can predict future events, but he seems to have read my mind...
Some religious traditions don't motivate you through the threat of punishment and don't make you scared of God. Some corporations don't rip off their workers, don't despoil the environment, and don't have tyrannical bosses. Some politicians don't lie constantly, haven't sold out their ideals, and aren't power-mad narcissists. In light of these facts, Cancerian, please try to keep an open mind about them all in the coming week, as well as about any institution, idea, or person about which you have made dogmatic generalizations. It's a perfect time to shake up and even purge some of the personal biases that you have enthroned as absolute truths.
Heck, it seems every where I turn anymore I see dogma. At times it concerns me, but, I'm an open minded fair person, I can discern. Yeah, part of it is being jaded.

Everyone makes a big deal out of Hillary and Obama running for President. A woman and a black man...They ain't the first and only ones. I voted for Allen Keyes( heck until I linked that I didn't know he was running for President again...Run Allen Run!). But, he is a Conservative, sometimes almost Libertarian, Republican. The other woman currently running for President is a Libertarian, Christine Smith.

I took a test about what Presidential Candidate I was to vote for. It was only the two big players, the Republicrats and the Demublicans. I agreed on eight out of ten with Ron Paul. I scored 50/50 with Mike Huckabee and John McCain, then Obama and Hillary came in last. I guess she is getting to know how Ron feels. Yet if the Libertarians win their lawsuit in NC and get back on the ballot, I'm voting for Wayne Allyn Root. Hey, the guy's initials are "WAR", how cool can that be? You'll vote for who ever you want to.

Thanks to Twisted Twister the Militant Mulungeon for the voting link.


Heck, makes you want to go bird hunting with the Navy
. Shot that big dangerous Hydro benzine filled electric eye right out of the sky. Now the Chinese are demanding we give a full explanation as to how we did it. A 16 gauge Shotgun with an improved cylendar and steel shot.

Like one of my co workers said if we'd missed it Bob would be out in the back yard with a beer in one hand and a pistol in the other..."I'll get it!"

My mind is pretty made up about political dogma. Not much more to say about that.

These Jaded Tid Bits were brought to you by
The Appalachianist

10 Comments:

Blogger 1776 said...

You voted for Allen Keyes...LMAO! I have never known anyone that has voted for him. Thank you for that chuckle, I needed it. He makes me laugh when I see him on the TV.

It's true dogma is everywhere and sometimes it is down right scary. makes me want to head for the hills and be a hermit.

A 16 gauge Shotgun with an improved cylendar and steel shot. AHHAHA! I like that answer.

Love the image of a beer in one hand and a pistol in the other "I'll get it"...too funny. I know people that would do just that.

Yep I be a jaded, cynical, crazy, bohemian heathen, and all the rest. It's the times we live in.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

It's absolutely amazing how often you can work in a Drive By Truckers reference.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, I was on the floor with Wiggley Butt Walker Dog and couldn't read the rest of it for laughin' so hard. Those lunar eclipses are hard on dogs. They have to stop howling at the moon in for an hour beforre they can start howling again. It was something to behold here in Columbia. I can only imagin seeing it in the mountains. My daughter took the grandchildren out in the yard to watch, but there is so much light polution here . . . vote for whomever . . . it is your right . . . I will say I was at a local resturant eating my oatmeal and was accosted by a radical democrat who made a fool of himself telling me he knew how I voted and proceeded to holler at me about the war . . . . You have a right to vote any damned way you want to vote . . . I would prefer to vote for George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and his cousin FDR, Woodrow Wilson, and Dwight Eisenhower . . . my goodness, but I can't see my way to vote for LBJ . . . what can I say . . . Ron Paul. (PS LBJ would put jade on a snake's . . . .) Bill

7:17 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Mew, Yes, I voted for Allen. Lots of people did, just not enough. Not to get in the history of it, but the Republicrats were mean to him, trying to keep him out of a debate (Where he was arrested). He was ostracised. He didn't shed a good light on himself with his reactions though. He can be witty.

Murf, Bob is himself, and that's what we like about him. DBT's Brighter Than Creations Dark is...a less rocking dark album...Actually it is out on vynil.

Bill, It's Georges Birthday...And I'm tempted to post something about him.
Yeah, Wiggly is a lanky bawling mess. "How much of a mess? She's a big one but she's gonna be a lotta".
Actually they were asleep until they heard me talking.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it has been a foggy, somewhat cold February day . . . just checing in for the news. I hope I can get up to the mountains before spring and then in the spring too. The thing about dogma is that those who practive it won't leave you alone. They are always testing you to see if you can be trusted or think just like they do. They are always looking for ways to burn someone at the stake. There is a scene in Dr. Zivago (spelling) where one of the communists asks the doctor where he is going and he replies with the place and he is asked what are you going to do there and the doctor replies "Live!" "Just live." That is pretty much what I am trying to do. But, like the song says, "It aint easy." Bill

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it has been a foggy, somewhat cold February day . . . just checing in for the news. I hope I can get up to the mountains before spring and then in the spring too. The thing about dogma is that those who practive it won't leave you alone. They are always testing you to see if you can be trusted or think just like they do. They are always looking for ways to burn someone at the stake. There is a scene in Dr. Zivago (spelling) where one of the communists asks the doctor where he is going and he replies with the place and he is asked what are you going to do there and the doctor replies "Live!" "Just live." That is pretty much what I am trying to do. But, like the song says, "It aint easy." Bill

4:44 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

That was a wise observation, Bill.

Wise enough to be said twice...

6:43 PM  
Blogger sage said...

After lots of clouds this winter, the ellipse night was clear here (why didn't I take photos?). Love your ranting.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

sage, I can't get good pictures of the moon. I'm glad someone liked my rant..I didn't mean to tone it as a rant, just notations...Maybe it was a rant? Or a Hill Billy Rave?

7:48 PM  
Blogger The British Bird. said...

the whole politics thing is getting interesting. It will be like watching two canabals fight to the death.

Do I want any of them in power? no.
Its one of those times when as my Dad said, "Keep your head and ass down and do what you have to do."

App..loved the Iron Maiden vid. thanks for posting!
Bird.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home