Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Friday, February 08, 2008

It's a Hillbilly Thing.

Anymore, it seems like any time I post, I've got a video up. All video and little words makes dan a dull boy. Oh, but "Bohemian Like You" was so appropriate to the last post.

I intended to pick a Hog Hunting video...ooops, capitalised hog. So I grabbed one that was from Tennessee. Well, turns out it has Hayseed Dixie to it. Something I thought of doing with their cover of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" with a Bear Dog theme.

So, get a little taste of hog Hunting.


There is a lack of Bear Hunting with Hounds on YouTube. We might have to do something about that. No, that was not a campaign promise. It was a notion.

Another thing lacking on YouTube is a video of either (The Late, Great) Ralph Stanley or Levon Helms performing "False Hearted Lover".

So, this is it. Nothing else.
The Appalachianist...

13 Comments:

Blogger 1776 said...

Well App, today is my b-day and watching a hog getting killed isn't exactly the way I wanted to start my day. I couldn't finish watching it. What's even worse is when I think of the slaughter houses, so dying in the woods I suppose is better than in a slaughter house.

It was interesting the little dog was the most intent and had no fear.
Next time I will refrain from watching. Don't like the feeling I have in the pit of my stomach.

I definitely like the music videos better.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Happy Birthday Mew. I don't suppose your having pork chops tonight, are you?

12:58 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

Ha! No pork for dinner. I did have a coconut creme pie that was excellent.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Now that sounds nice.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Murf said...

From what I've heard, all video and little words Dan is quite the opposite of dull. :-)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Thank You Murf, I needed to hear that.

Did you'll hear/read that? I don't have to say a damn thing to be interesting.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you don't have to say nothin' 'cept you got to have pictures . . . but not of you on a bear rug or maybe ridin' a boer Hog bareback through the woods being chased by your hounds . . . ugh . . . but other than that I downright enjoy this blog come what may . . . the tusks on this hog were kind of special . . . er, big . . . can you field dress/clean these boer hogs to keep them from tasting so gamey? I just don't know . . . it's called being ignorant.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Bill, wild hogs have a good flavor. It's not an issue.

You won't catch me riding one...

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About riding the wild hog through the woods . . . er, I alway knew you were smart, but I really didn't know about field dressing a wild hog. One of my students once gave me some deer meat that had been ruined because it was not field dressed properly. I don't think he knew because he was serious about hunting in the Wateree swamp area around Camden near the backside of Fort Jackson. I didn't know if hogs had a similar problem. Thanks.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Well, Bill, you've got to cut their nuts off (I hear you laies laughing) That's with anything. But wild hog has good flavor.

3:18 PM  
Blogger 1776 said...

Ya know I am laughing, and well, just can't say what I wanna say about such things.

Can't say you don't learn things here on this blog.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is just too early in the morning . . . do I get an "Amen?" . . . it is just too early to laugh so hard. Have a good day . . . the Hogs are happy hunting season is over . . . I can hear two of 'em talkin' about this here blog . . . "Gettin' killed ain't so bad . . . it's what they do after you is dead . . . ." Those mountain Hogs must be related to the piedmont Hogs . . . . please let me stop . . . shoot me . . . I'm OK. I think I can drive to work such as it is. Have a good day . . . a better day then one of those Hogs. Sorry.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

You can hunt hogs year round in Ga, including the North Ga. Mountains. Here, other than the five furthest couties of WNC, they can be hunted as long as something else is in season.

That man shooting that hog did ecology a favor.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home