Appalachian Patria

Appalachian Intellectual. To me that means plain thinking. I am A Non Commissioned Officer in the Army Reserves. Let me say...My views expressed here are mine and not those of The U.S. Army, Army Reserve or my fellow brethren in The National Guard. This is entirely Sua Sponte. This is My Thinking. I'm single and in my mid 30's. Politicaly, I'm a Libertarian. (Again, Sua Sponte.I do not represent the Libertarian Party.)I love my native Appalachia, Rock n Roll and...I love God.

Name:
Location: Brevard, North Caroilina

I started blogging for two reasons. I was concerned about the changes to the area I live in, Southern Appalachia and I was about to go to the war. I was in Iraq in 06 and 07 and now Kuwait in 11 and 12. Blogging was a means of documenting my experiences and hoping it would help gain clarity. I don't feel that way about it any more. It's said people write blogs because they are frustrated, that's why people read them too. That makes us sound apocalyptic. Are we? Let it be said, what I say here is of my own thinking. This is entirely Sua Sponte and not an official representation of the U.S. Military or the U.S. Government as a whole.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Pictureathon

Sun Rise on Taji
She makes brushing your teeth a little easier...
A bomb crater from the "Gulf War".

Iraqis are not always the best aim with an AK47 or a camera. But, I like this picture none the less.

Yep, a lazy mans post. There is another one coming though

The Appalachianist

16 Comments:

Blogger Gun Trash said...

Hey, short post is fine. Lets everyone know you're okay.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...And look at that posing of those boots!

hugs~

6:50 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Gunner, I guess it's one way to do it.

yeah, yeah, Janie...Hug back.

Thanks for stopping by, you'll.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I love pictureathon especially when it includes not only your boots but also a handshot.

I knew that last picture would bring Janie out. While it may not be a complete picture, it does show the only things that she and I are interested in you for, A.I. ;-)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

AI, I looked at the pictures. I blew up #2 to get a good look at that inspirational dental hygenist. She's one cute little bugger. Tempted me to brush my teeth, even though I didn't need to.

But that's not why I am here. I am sure everyone is thinking this although I highly doubt that any of them will actually bring it up. And no, it has nothing to do with you being a monster or your unexplicably sexy boots. It has to do with picture #3.

I have studied that thing mightily and as best I can tell, that is your shadow, is it not? If not, read no further as my comment is rendered moot (or mute, if you prefer). But if it IS your shadow I have to say you are actually a lot smaller than I realized. In fact, and pardon my bluntness, you're pretty daggone tiny!

Just thought I'd mention it.

Ed

2:35 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I found the tooth brushing comment confusing...were you referring to your thigh or the picture after that which had a female next to the 'non-potable' sign?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ramblin' Ed said...

One, two, two... picture #2. The second #2.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed~
Wow! Imagine that...You too, think those boots are unexplicably sexy.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

I guess his thigh picture has no caption. Maybe I should come up with something. I think I want to focus on the fingers instead...those nice, white, somewhat meaty fingers...

Janie, R'Ed came from the Navy. Anything is inexplicably sexy compared with those white patent leather shoes he had to wear. :)

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murph~
Darn, I was going to write it "inexplicably" but I followed Ed's lead...Know better now!

Focusing on fingers...wrists....and other things is good, though I'm not ready to get away from the boots! ( :

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this early this morning before I went to church. I thought Gunner's comments my own and just right too. Now I'm confused. Do I stick my boots in the water or brush my teeh with it (the water?)? What's up with the shadow? I thought it was just a shadow, but maybe it is a big hole in the ground. I have to walk around all the double meanings cause I'm not smart (that's why I go to church). The sunrise is something so take care which brings me back to Gunner's comments. Thanks. You got a good posse riding herd on you. Roy and Gene would be proud and that's a good thing.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ipe. . . oh, I forgot. Keep brushing your teeth, but stop usin' the nasty water with that girl's picture or get a better, bigger picture . . . the belly dancer maybe. What does "potable" mean? Sorry Sarge, just being stupid. Bill

6:51 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Dang, I've got allot of responding to do.

Murf.OK. Boots and hands. Please don't confuse me with anyone else.

Who's next...How does Lee Ann do this?

Yes, Ed, she ought to have a name. Maybe I am a shadow monster, Ed. A tiny shadow monster...I'm feeling very very tiny...

Maybe it's the Tagi toothpick I carry on mu holster, Murf?

Ok, a couple I really don't need to respond to but tis is doing good things for my blog ego, thanks.

Bill, it is a really deep hole. Do I have to walk off in it and have my picture taken? It came from a B52 no doubt. Your not a shadow Bill, you just live in a hole. But, there are allot of pretty women in your town.

A good posse riding me? You'll don't be riding me now, I'll buck you off...

10:28 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, does anyone have a name for the girl?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Hill Billy Rave said...

Oh, does anyone have a name for the girl?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Murf said...

Jailbait?

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home